#5 Duke at Virginia Tech
Postgame Notes l February 14, 2013
With the Duke Victory…
• Moved to 23-1 overall and 13-0 in ACC action.
• Won its 29th straight game on the road against an unranked opponent.
• Notched its 19th consecutive win against Virginia Tech.
• Moved the all-time series record to 21-2 versus the Hokies.
• Continued to hold a two-game lead in the ACC standings with a 13-0 record.
• Improved to 13-0 in ACC action for the fifth time in school history.
• Moved to 10-1 this season on the road.
• Coach P improved to 12-1 all-time against Virginia Tech.
• Won its eighth consecutive road ACC game.
Sophomore Elizabeth Williams
• Tied a career high with 25 points.
• Hit 9-of-14 field goals and 7-of-8 free throws.
• Pulled down seven rebounds in 29 minutes.
• Notched double-digit scoring for the 26th straight ACC contest.
• Blocked a shot for the 57th straight game since arriving at Duke.
• Hit 5-of-5 field goals and 4-of-4 free throws in the first half to finish with 14 points.
• Collected her fourth game this season and seventh career contest with 20+ points.
• Registered double-figure scoring for the 12th consecutive game this season.
• With her two blocks, moved into a tie for seventh on Duke’s single-season blocks list with 69.
• Collected double-figure scoring for the 21st time this season and 48th time in her career.
Junior Haley Peters
• Tied a career high with 25 points and pulled down 10 rebounds.
• Hit 8-of-12 field goals.
• After not scoring in the previous contest, registered 13 first half points.
• Hit a career-high four three-pointers on five attempts.
• Notched double-digit scoring for the 18th time this season and 47th time in her career.
Junior Chelsea Gray
• Collected her 34th career charge of her career and 17th this season.
• Hit only 1-of-8 field goals and finished with two points, which tied a season low.
• Dished seven assists, had four rebounds and two steals in 29 minutes.
Junior Tricia Liston
• Hit a three-pointer in her seventh straight game.
• Finished with eight points, all in the second half. Pulled down six rebounds.
• With her two three-pointers made, moved into seventh place on Duke’s all-time treys made list with 134.
Junior Richa Jackson
• Posted four steals, six points and three rebounds.
Freshman Alexis Jones
• Notched six points, five rebounds, three assists and three steals.
Other Duke Notes…
• Registered two post players with 20 or more points in the same game for the second time this season (Presbyterian).
• The 44 point victory is the tied for third-largest ACC win under Coach P.
• Forced 23 turnovers and scored 20 points off those turnovers.
• Outrebounded VT, 44-25.
• Hit 20-of-24 free throws for an 83.3 percentage.
• Held Virginia Tech to 27.8 percentage shooting from the field.
• Dished 15 assists on 25 baskets.
• Outscored the Hokies, 24-10, in the paint.
• Will next host Wake Forest on Sunday, Feb. 17 at 3:00 p.m., in Cameron Indoor Stadium. The game will be aired live on RSN-TV.