It is strictly prohibited to bring alcohol into Jack Coombs Field. Individuals violating this policy are subject to ejection from the stadium.
There are no ATM machines inside Jack Coombs Field. The BT&T ATM is located just outside the south entrance doors of Cameron Indoor Stadium (Wallace Wade Stadium side) and will be accessible 24-7. The ATM only dispenses cash ($20 increments) and does not take deposits.
Banners and Signs
Banners and Signs are permitted inside Jack Coombs Field, however Duke reserves the right to prohibit or require the cessation of any display of a banner or sign that obstructs the view of other fans, obscures stadium signage, can be considered an advertisement, or is determined to be obscene, vulgar, indecent, inappropriate, or derogatory.
Bull City Connector
The Bull City Connector is a fare-free, hybrid-electric bus service that connects downtown Durham with the Duke University campus. The route provides direct access to Duke and includes stops along Main Street and Erwin Road. The service also includes a stop at Durham Station, the city's transportation hub with public bus service and within walking distance of the American Tobacco Campus and the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. The Bull City Connector is also ideal for bicyclists, who can ride to a Connector stop and take their bike to campus by using a bike rack on the front of the bus.
The easiest way to get to games using the Bull City Connector is to get off at Duke Hospital South on Trent Road. Once you get off at Duke Hospital South, walk on the sidewalk down Flowers Drive. Cut up to the West Campus Quad. Walk all the way down the Quad until you reach Towerview Drive. Cross Towerview Drive and follow the sidewalk around Cameron. Walk up the hill towards Whitford Dr. Parking Lot and Jack Coombs Field will be on your right. Click here for a map to show you where to go.
Hand-held still cameras are permitted for personal use only. No cameras are permitted into the stadium with a lens longer than four (4) inches. Video cameras are permitted to be used during pre-game only. Video cameras are prohibited from filming the game.
A great variety of food items and Coca-Cola products are available from the concession stand located near the stadium entrance of Jack Coombs Field behind section 18. Blue Devil Concessions operates the concession stands at Jack Coombs Field. Concession stands will be open for select matches and stands are open 30 minutes prior to the start of the game.
Duke Athletics expects all fans to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times before, during, and after the competition. We expect all fans to treat other fans, players, coaches and officials with courtesy. Please join us in creating a fun, safe, family atmosphere at Jack Coombs Field by not:
- Interfering with other guests’ ability to enjoy the game;
- Using/displaying foul or abusive language or gestures;
- Appearing to be intoxicated or in a diminished capacity;
- Failing to produce a ticket upon request or sitting in a seat that does not match your ticket;
- Entering the competition or restricted access areas;
- Smoking except in designated areas;
- Throwing objects onto the competition area or within the venue; or
- Otherwise being disorderly.
Violators are subject to ejection and possible arrest. Fans should contact a stadium official if they feel someone is not acting appropriately.
Click here for information on local dining.
Directions to Jack Coombs Field
• During any emergency inside the stadium, follow the directions of the PA announcer, event staff and emergency responders.
• Always designate a pre-determined location both inside and outside the stadium to meet friends and family in case you get separated or in the event of an emergency.
• Upon arriving at your seat location, first find the nearest exit and then locate an alternate exit in case of emergency.
• If you see or become aware of any activity that is unusual, suspicious or causes you concern, report the activity to the nearest police officer or event staff. Patrons may also tweet @Duke_GAMEDAY.
• Emergency vehicles may be present in and around the stadium. Please do not obstruct the path of travel of a fire truck or emergency vehicle or interfere with any of their operations. Vehicles blocking emergency vehicles, exits, or traffic in general are subject to being towed at the owner's expense. Please do not obstruct any exits or exit pathways.
• Monitor the weather prior to the game. Take the necessary precautions to protect your family and friends should severe weather be encountered before, during, or after the game. In the event of inclement weather during the game, please be prepared to evacuate the stadium and return to your car.
Emergency Medical Assistance
In case of emergency, call Duke Police at (919) 684-2444, 911, or contact the Game Day Manager located by the main entrance to Jack Coombs Field.
Click here for information on local entertainment
Food and Beverage
Outside food and beverage are prohibited. (Exception: Medical reasons)
Foul Ball Alert
Please be aware that baseballs and bats may enter the seating area at any time. Please stay alert at all times while inside the stadium. Please return all foul balls to the marketing representative seated on press row and you will receive a Duke prize.
Gates (Entrance into stadium)
The gates to Jack Coombs Field will open 2 hours prior to the start of the game. Patrons with purses, bags, and strollers are subject to searches. Entrance gates are located on the 3rd base side of the stadium as well as near the ticket booth.
If you are in need of assistance or information, please ask for the Staff One Supervisor or Game Day Manager located near the main entrance gate.
Click here for information on local hotels
Inclement Weather Procedure
• Duke Game Management utilizes DTN/Telvent WeatherSentry software and notification services. Duke Game Management will monitor the weather 24 hours a day and use the following policy: Evacuation will occur if the storm path will come within a six (6) miles radius of Jack Coombs Field. In the event that the stadium needs to be evacuated, the PA Announcer will notify all spectators. At this point we need to have everyone clear the stadium as quickly as possible.
• The safest location for people to go is in a hard-topped car with the windows up. In the absence of a vehicle, Game Management Staff will direct people to a safe location. The stadium will remain closed until the storm is clear of a six (6) mile radius of Jack Coombs Field. Resumption of play will only occur once an all clear has been given and conditions are deemed safe after consultation between the Officials and Duke Game Management.
Lost and Found
If any article is lost or found in the stadium, please inquire about or report the item to the Game Day Manager located near the main entrance gate. Items turned in during the game will be dropped off to the game day manager. All lost and found items not picked up prior to the end of the game will be available for pick-up the following business day by calling 919-668-5658 to inquire about lost item(s).
The Duke Nike Team Store located on West Campus in Card Gym (adjacent to Cameron Indoor Stadium) is open Tuesday through Friday from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Saturday 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, and Sunday 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
Artificial noisemaking devices are prohibited. In addition to confiscation, violators may be subject to university disciplinary action (if applicable) and/or legal proceedings, and removal from the event site.
Operational, Parking and Traffic Information
For more information on Duke Baseball game days, please visit the game day information website – www.goduke.com/gameday. Special game day parking alerts and information will be available on the main game day page under Alerts. You can sign-up for operational, parking, and traffic updates via Twitter – www.Twitter.com/Duke_GAMEDAY
Duke University assumes no responsibility for loss through fire, theft, collision, or otherwise to the car or contents. Vehicles are parked at Owner's Risk. Please lock your vehicle.
Parking Emergency Information:
In case of emergency please dial 9-1-1 for Durham County or 919-684-2444 for Duke Police Emergency Dispatch. Duke Police will be the primary responder on-campus for emergency calls. Durham Police will be the primary responder off-campus for emergency calls. If an emergency occurs and authorities are contacted, please designate someone in your party to help direct emergency personnel to the emergency location.
Free General Public Parking is available for most games in the Whitford Drive Lot, along Bassett Drive and in the Grounds Lot at the end of Bassett Drive. If a baseball game coincides with another event or game day there may be a charge to park. For special event and game day parking information visit www.GoDuke.com/gameday.
Duke Baseball Facility and Parking Map - Jack Coombs Field
Persons w/ Disabilities Parking:
General public parking for persons with disabilities is available in the reserved spots in the Whitford Drive parking lot and next to the persons w/ disabilities entrance to Jack Coombs Field.
An accessible drop-off/pick-up point for persons with disabilities is located in front of Jack Coombs Field. Vehicles should be returned to the Whitford Drive parking lot for parking.
Tailgating is permitted in the Bassett Drive or Grounds lots. Tents, tables, tarps, or canopies ARE NOT permitted if they impede foot or vehicular traffic or if they extend into an additional parking space.
All pets (including dogs) are prohibited inside Jack Coombs Field. (Exception: Service animals are allowed to assist persons with disabilities)
Press Row Access
Only Duke Personnel or approved media and photographers will be allowed into the press areas. All media or photographers should contact the Duke Sports Information office at least two days prior to the day of the game to confirm approval.
Game programs are available for free on a first come, first serve basis at the program stand located at the bottom of the seating area in the stadium.
For the safety and game day experience of all fans, the following items are prohibited from entering the stadium:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Artificial noisemakers
- Balls and Frisbees
- Coolers and Containers (ice chests or other like containers)
- Items obstructing sightlines of other fans
- Pets (except service animals)
- Outside chairs (lounge chairs, folding chairs, etc.)
- Outside food and beverage (exception: medical reasons, including pregnancy)
- Shoes with wheels (wheelies)
- Laser Pointers
- Cameras w/lens over 4 inches
- Hazardous Materials
Restrooms at Jack Coombs Field open 2 hours prior to the start of the game (same time as the gates). Both men’s and women’s restrooms are located underneath the covered stadium seating area on the lower level of the stadium. The access door is located behind the stadium and both restrooms are persons with disabilities accessible.
Safety and Security
A game day manager will be on-site from the time gates open until post-game. They are available for your assistance if needed. Police/Security officers will be present for all games. For emergencies please call 911 or contact the closest seating bowl host, security/police officer.
All Items Subject to Search
- Small bags, purses and fanny packs are permitted into Jack Coombs Field. However, all bags are subject to search by stadium officials.
- As part of new federal security guidelines, backpacks and large bags are no longer permitted inside the stadium.
- Strollers and other items which contain storage areas are subject to search.
To Report Game Day Problems, Unruly Fans, or Suspicious Activity
Visit our safety and security personnel located at the stadium gates and around the stadium.
Visit the Game Day Manager located near the main entrance of the stadium.
Re-Entry into Stadium
Fans wishing to leave and then re-enter the stadium may do so under the following conditions – they must keep their valid game ticket. Fans re-entering must show valid game ticket for entry. All items are subject to search upon re-entry to the stadium.
Persons w/ Disabilities Seating:
Persons with disabilities seating is available in the first row of the stadium seating. If you are in need of assistance or information, please ask for the Game Day Manager at the main entrance gate to the stadium.
Smoking is not allowed at Jack Coombs Field. Smoking is permitted outside of the stadium.
Sign up for Twitter to follow Duke Game Day (@Duke_GAMEDAY). Follow @Duke_GAMEDAY to stay up to date on all Duke Sports’ news and events.
All Duke home events at Jack Coombs Field are ticketed events. Tickets can be purchased at Cameron Indoor Stadium on weekdays and prior to game days between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM or online at www.goduke.com/tickets.
Tickets go on sale outside the stadium gates 2 hours prior to game time. Tickets can be purchased at the ticket booth located at the main entrance gate by the stairwell on the south side of the stadium.
All patrons entering the stadium must have a valid ticket or credential.
For more information regarding tickets sales please call the Duke Ticket Office at 1-877-375-3853 or (919) 681-2583.
General Admission: $8.00
12 and Under: Free
Duke Students: Free with valid Duke Card
Click here for local travel information.
Will Call Information
General Will Call, Media Will Call, and Duke and Visiting Player Guest are located at the ticket booth at the main entrance gate by the stairwell on the south side of the stadium. All will call and player guest windows open 2 hours prior to the start of the game.
All fans picking up tickets at will call locations must present a valid state issued photo driver’s license or identification card.
Umbrellas are permitted inside Jack Coombs Field. For the courtesy and safety of all fans we ask that when raising umbrellas you do not obstruct the view of other fans or staff.