2018 Battle of the Blues and Duke Invitational
Please find below a list of disability services currently provided at Morris Williams Stadium. Prior to meet day, please feel free to reach out to our disabilities coordinators at 919-668-6213 to help make arrangements for your visit or if you have any special needs, questions, or concerns regarding our accessibility and accommodations. On meet day, please find the nearest event staff member for assistance.
• Accessible Parking for Guests with Disabilities – Free parking is available in the Whitford Lot on Whitford Drive (GPS Address: 110 Whitford Drive). An accessible drop-off and pick-up point for persons with disabilities is available on Whitford Drive at the Brandaleone Family North Gate of Morris Williams Stadium.
• Accessible Entrances for Persons with Disabilities – all entrances to Morris Williams Stadium are accessible for persons with disabilities. The accessible pedestrian path to the Southwest and South Gates from Science Drive Garage is located near the intersection of Frank Bassett Drive and Science Drive.
• Seating for Persons with Disabilities - is available on the front row of the stadium bleachers in the southwest corner of Morris Williams. Accessible ramps are located at both ends of the bleachers.
• Accessible Restrooms for Persons with Disabilities – Accessible Men’s and Women’s Restrooms are located on the south end of the Koskinen Stadium concourse immediately adjacent to the South Gate of Morris Williams Stadium.
• Assistive Listening Devices – are available for all Duke Track & Field meets. Guests should see the nearest Event Staff member and ask them to contact the Meet Operations Manager. The Meet Operations Manager will meet the guest and deliver the device. Post-meet, guests should return the device to the nearest Event Staff Member.
It is strictly prohibited to bring alcohol into Morris Williams Stadium. Individuals violating this policy are subject to ejection from the stadium.
Assistive Listening Devices
Assistive listening devices are available for all Duke Track & Field meets. Guests should see the nearest Event Staff member and ask them to contact the Meet Operations Manager. The Meet Operations Manager will meet the guest and deliver the device. Post-meet, guests should return the device to the nearest Event Staff Member.
The BB&T ATM is located outside of the Johnson Family Team Store at the Scott Family Athletics Performance Center. The ATM only dispenses cash ($20 increments) and does not take deposits.
Banners and Signs are permitted inside Morris Williams Stadium, however Duke reserves the right to prohibit or require the cessation of any display of a banner or sign that obstructs the view of other fans, obscures stadium signage, can be considered an advertisement, or is determined to be obscene, vulgar, indecent, inappropriate, or derogatory.
Hand-held still cameras are permitted for personal use only. No cameras are permitted into the stadium with a lens longer than four (4) inches. Video cameras are permitted inside Morris Williams Stadium for track & field competitions for personal use only.
Duke Athletics expects all guests to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times before, during and after the competition. We expect all guests to treat other guests, student-athletes, coaches and officials with courtesy. Please join us in creating a fun, safe, family atmosphere at Morris Williams Stadium by not:
• Interfering with other guests’ ability to enjoy the game;
• Using/displaying foul or abusive language or gestures;
• Appearing to be intoxicated or in a diminished capacity;
• Failing to produce a ticket upon request or sitting in a seat that does not match your ticket;
• Entering the playing area or restricted access areas;
• Smoking except in designated areas;
• Throwing objects onto the court or within the stadium; or
• Otherwise being disorderly.
Guests should contact a stadium staff member if they feel someone is not acting appropriately. Violators are subject to ejection and possible arrest.
If you need help while at a game:
• Contact the nearest event staff member
• Tweet @Duke_GAMEDAY on Twitter with your issue and location
The concessions stand, operated by Blue Devil Concessions, is located on the Koskinen Stadium concourse immediately adjacent to Morris Williams Stadium. Fans can access the concessions stand near the Brandaleone Family North Gate.
• Battle of the Blues – A great variety of food items and Coca-Cola products will be available for the Battle of the Blues on Saturday, April 7th from 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
• Duke Invitational – A great variety of food items and Coca-Cola products will be available for the Duke Invitational on Friday, April 20th from 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM and Saturday, April 21st from 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
• During any emergency inside the stadium, please follow the directions of the PA announcer, event staff, and emergency responders.
• Always designate a pre-determined location both inside and outside the stadium to meet friends and family in case you get separated or in the event of an emergency.
• Upon arriving at your seat location, first find the nearest exit and then locate an alternate exit in case of emergency.
• If you see or become aware of any activity that is unusual, suspicious or causes you concern, report the activity to the nearest event staff member. Patrons may also tweet @Duke_GAMEDAY.
• Emergency vehicles may be present in and around the stadium. Please do not obstruct the path of travel of a fire truck or emergency vehicle or interfere with any of their operations. Vehicles blocking emergency vehicles, exits, or traffic in general are subject to being towed at the owner's expense. Please do not obstruct any exits or exit pathways.
• Monitor the weather prior to the meet. Take the necessary precautions to protect your family and friends should severe weather be encountered before, during, or after the game. In the event of inclement weather during the game, please be prepared to evacuate the stadium and return to your car.
First Aid / Emergency Medical Assistance
For first aid and emergency medical assistance, please visit the designated First Aid location on the north end of Kennedy Tower inside Morris Williams Stadium. In case of emergency, contact the nearest Event Staff member, call Duke Police at 919-684-2444 or call 9-1-1 to reach Durham Police.
Food and Beverage
Outside food and beverage are permitted inside Morris Williams Stadium.
There are three (3) gates to Morris Williams Stadium – the Brandaleone Family North Gate located on Whitford Drive and the South Gate and Southeast Gates located off of Frank Bassett Drive. All gates are accessible for persons with disabilities. Gates to Morris Williams Stadium will open one (1) hour prior to the start of competition each day. All items brought into the stadium are subject to search.
Lost and Found
All Lost and Found items will be turned into the Duke Meet Operations Manager. Items turned in will be kept at Officials/Volunteer Check-In at Kennedy Tower. Guests looking for lost items on the day of competition should ask the nearest Event Staff to speak to Duke Meet Operations Manager. Items that are not picked up during the meet can be picked up on the next business day following the meet by contacting the Duke Athletic Facilities & Game Operations office at 919-668-5658. Unclaimed lost and found items will be retained for thirty (30) days following the event. After that time, any unclaimed items will be discarded.
To obtain a photographer or media credentials please contact Duke Sports Information at 919-684-2668 at least two (2) days prior to the meet start date. No access will be permitted to the Kennedy Tower press area, track or throwing areas without proper photo or media credentials.
The Johnson Family Team Store, located in Scott Family Athletic Performance Center, is open for your shopping convenience. For store hours during Duke Track & Field Meets, visit dukestores.duke.edu/hours.
For more information on Duke Track & Field meet days, please visit the game day information site at www.GoDuke.com/gameday. Special game day parking alerts and information will be available on the Track & Field page and game day information page. Fans can also sign-up for operational, parking, and traffic updates via Twitter – www.Twitter.com/Duke_GAMEDAY.
• Parking Disclaimer
- Duke University assumes no responsibility for loss through fire, theft, collision, or otherwise to the car or contents. Vehicles are parked at Owner's Risk. Please lock your vehicle.
• Parking Emergency Information
- In case of emergency please 919-684-2444 for Duke Police Emergency Dispatch or dial 9-1-1 for Durham County. Duke Police will be the primary responder on-campus for emergency calls. Durham Police will be the primary responder off-campus for emergency calls. If an emergency occurs and authorities are contacted, please designate someone in your party to help direct emergency personnel to the emergency location.
• Team Parking
- Battle of the Blues
Team Buses – A bus loading zone will be provided on Whitford Drive (GPS Address: 110 Whitford Drive) outside Morris Williams Stadium. Parking lot attendants will direct teams upon arrival and organize staging.
Team Vans – Team van parking will be available in the Whitford Lot (GPS Address: 110 Whitford Drive) outside Morris Williams Stadium.
- Duke Invitational
Unloading/Loading Zone – An unloading/loading zone will be provided on Frank Bassett Drive (GPS Address: 147 Frank Bassett Drive) outside Morris Williams Stadium. Parking lot attendants will direct teams upon arrival and organize staging.
Team Bus Turn-around – Team buses shuttling student-athletes should use the Grounds Lot located at the end of Frank Bassett Drive to turn-around and exit campus via Frank Bassett Drive.
Team Buses & Vans Parking – Team buses remaining on-site and team van parking will be will park in the Grounds Lot (GPS Address: 110 Frank Bassett Drive). All entry/exit from the lot is via Frank Bassett Drive.
• General Public Parking
- Accessible Parking for Persons with Disabilities – For all Duke Track & Field Meets, accessible parking is available in the Whitford Lot on Whitford Drive (GPS Address: 110 Whitford Drive). An accessible drop-off and pick-up point for persons with disabilities is available on Whitford Drive at the Brandaleone Family North Gate of Morris Williams Stadium. Parking lots will be open two (2) hours prior to the start of competition.
- General Public Parking – For all Duke Track & Field Meets, free general public parking is available in Science Drive Garage (GPS Address: 3100 Cameron Blvd.) located on NC 751/Cameron Blvd. All entry/exit from Science Drive Garage is from NC 751/Cameron Blvd. There is no charge to park. There is no tailgating permitted in the garage.
- Tailgating – Tailgating is permitted in surface lots only – there is no tailgating in Science Drive Garage (including the roof). Tents, tables, tarps and canopies are NOT permitted if they extend into additional parking spaces or if they impede foot or vehicular traffic. All federal, state and local laws, statutes, and ordinances apply, including those regarding the possession, dispensing, and use of alcoholic beverages. Please bag and place all trash and recycling in the appropriate receptacle prior to departure from the parking lots. Please properly extinguish and dispose of any charcoal and other flammables. DO NOT THROW AWAY charcoal or other flammables in parking lot trash cans or leave them in the parking lots or surrounding wooded areas.
All pets (including dogs) are prohibited inside Morris Williams Stadium. (Exception: Service animals are allowed to assist those with disabilities)
For the safety and game day experience of all guests, the following items are prohibited from entering Morris Williams Stadium:
• Alcoholic beverages
• Artificial noisemakers
• Balloons, Balls and Frisbees
• Cameras w/lens over 4 inches
• All Drones and Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) – https://drones.duke.edu/policies
• Hazardous Materials
• Items obstructing sightlines of other guests (umbrellas may not be raised in the seating bowl)
• Laser Pointers
• Pets (except service animals)
• Selfie Sticks
• Shoes with wheels (wheelies)
• Weapons (including pocket knives)
Duke University reserves the right to deny anyone or anything from entering the stadium. Any such items should be returned to your vehicle and/or discarded. All guests and items being brought into the stadium are subject to search before entering the stadium.
For the safety of all in attendance, bags/items are not permitted to be left unattended outside of Morris Williams Stadium. Unattended bags/items found outside the stadium will be dealt with in in a manner deemed appropriate by stadium officials, including but not limited to disposal. Duke University and Duke Athletics are not responsible for loss of any unattended items.
Men’s and Women’s Restrooms are located on the Koskinen Stadium concourse immediately adjacent to the South Gate of Morris Williams Stadium. All restrooms are accessible for persons with disabilities. Portable restrooms will be available at the warm-up area for meet participants.
Re-entry is permitted at Morris Williams Stadium.
Bleacher seating is located in the southwest corner of Morris Williams Stadium. Fans are also permitted to stand at the top of the Koskinen Stadium west bleachers. Outside chairs (lounge chairs, folding chairs, etc.) are permitted only in the grass areas on the east and west sides of the track. Chairs are not permitted to be set-up in stadium walkways.
Seating for persons with disabilities is available on the front row of the stadium bleachers in the southwest corner of Morris Williams Stadium. Accessible ramps are located at both ends of the bleachers.
Sign up for Twitter to follow Duke Game Day (@Duke_GAMEDAY) to stay up to date on all Duke Athletics news and events. Follow Duke Track & Field and Cross Country (@DukeTFXC) to stay up to date on all team news and results.
Smoking is not permitted inside Morris Williams Stadium. Guests are welcome to step outside the stadium gates to smoke and re-enter.
All Duke Track & Field meets are free of charge to spectators and no ticket is needed for entry into Morris Williams Stadium.
Umbrellas are permitted inside Morris Williams Stadium. Umbrellas may be raised in the bleachers as long as they do not obstruct or interfere with another guest’s enjoyment of the meet.