Courtesy: Duke Sports Information Release: 09/08/2011
Photo Courtesy: Duke Photography
BDN+ Premium Content
DURHAM, N.C. - The NC 147 Pavement Rehabilitation project will be active this Saturday, September 10th when Duke hosts Stanford in football at Wallace Wade Stadium. Fans are urged to use I-85, I-40 and 15-501 to access campus and avoid the lane closures on NC 147 North and Southbound.
Northbound NC 147 will be reduced to one lane from NC 55 – Alston Avenue (Exit 11) to just past Duke Street (Exit 12C). This lane closure will be in place from 7 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Monday. Motorists are encouraged to use caution while traveling through the work zone.
Fans traveling from the RDU Airport area should consider taking the following alternate routes:
General Public should use the following ingress routes:
• I-85 North or Southbound to Exit 174B for Hillandale Rd
• I-85 Southbound to Exit 174A for 15-501 South to Exit 108A for Morreene Rd
• I-40 East or Westbound to Exit 270 for 15-501 (towards Durham) to Exit 108 A for Morreene Rd
Iron Dukes should use the following ingress routes:
• I-85 Southbound to Exit 174A for 15-501 South to Exit 107 for NC 751
• I-40 East or Westbound to Exit 270 for 15-501 (towards Durham) to Exit 107 for NC 751
Motorists can get up-to-date traffic information for all North Carolina roadways on the NCDOT Traveler Information web site http://tims.ncdot.gov/tims/ or by calling 511.
MORE DUKE ATHLETIC FACILITIES, GAME OPERATIONS AND CHAMPIONSHIPS