The NC 147 Pavement Rehabilitation project will be active this Saturday, October 22ND when Duke hosts Wake Forest in football at Wallace Wade Stadium. Fans are urged to use I-85, I-40, and 15-501 to access campus and avoid the lane closures on NC 147 North and Southbound.
Lane closures will begin northbound and southbound at 7:00 PM on Friday, October 21st and continue through Saturday both in nighttime and daytime hours. Lane closures will affect both pre-game and post-game traffic on Saturday, October 22nd.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution while traveling through the work zone.
Fans traveling to the game should consider taking the following alternate routes:
General Public should use the following ingress routes:
- I-85 North or Southbound to Exit 174B for Hillandale Rd
- I-85 Southbound to Exit 174A for 15-501 South to Exit 108A for Morreene Rd
- I-40 East or Westbound to Exit 270 for 15-501 (towards Durham) to Exit 108 A for Morreene Rd
Iron Dukes should use the following ingress routes:
- I-85 Southbound to Exit 174A for 15-501 South to Exit 107 for NC 751
- I-40 East or Westbound to Exit 270 for 15-501 (towards Durham) to Exit 107 for NC 751
Motorists can get up-to-date traffic information for all North Carolina roadways on the NCDOT Traveler Information web site http://tims.ncdot.gov/tims/ or by calling 511.