Traffic Alert: October 29, 2011
The NC 147 Pavement Rehabilitation project will be active this Saturday, October 29th when Duke hosts Virginia Tech in football at Wallace Wade Stadium. Fans are urged to use I-85, I-40, and 15-501 to access campus and avoid the lane closures on NC 147 North and Southbound.
Lane closures will begin northbound and southbound at 7:00 PM on Friday, October 28th and continue through Saturday both in daytime and nighttime hours. Lane closures will affect both pre-game and post-game traffic on Saturday, October 29th. Work may be delayed or cancelled due to inclement weather.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution while traveling through the work zone.
Fans traveling to the game should consider taking the following alternate routes:
General Public should use the following ingress routes:
- I-85 North or Southbound to Exit 174B for Hillandale Rd
- I-85 Southbound to Exit 174A for 15-501 South to Exit 108A for Morreene Rd
- I-40 East or Westbound to Exit 270 for 15-501 (towards Durham) to Exit 108 A for Morreene Rd
- I-85 Southbound to Exit 174A for 15-501 South to Exit 107 for NC 751
- I-40 East or Westbound to Exit 270 for 15-501 (towards Durham) to Exit 107 for NC 751