#4 Duke at Michigan
Postgame Notes l November 28, 2012
With the Duke Victory…
• Improves to 5-0 on the season and moves the all-time series record to 4-0.
• Coach P won her 11th straight decision against Michigan.
• Coach P moved to 11-2 all-time versus Michigan.
• Moved to 20-9 all-time against teams from the Big Ten.
• Won its 22nd straight road game against an unranked opponent.
• Improved to 5-1 all-time in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
Junior Tricia Liston
• Hit a three-pointer for the 12th straight game.
• Finished with eight points and hit both of her three-point field goal attempts.
Junior Haley Peters
• Pulled down a season-high 10 rebounds, while scoring six second half points.
Freshman Alexis Jones
• Dished a career-high eight assists on the night.
• Hit a three-pointer in her fourth straight game as she hit 1-of-3.
• Scored nine second half points and had two steals on the night.
Junior Chelsea Gray
• Tied for a team high 19 points, while dishing five assists, grabbing three rebounds and netting five steals.
• Hit 8-of-13 field goals.
• Scored double-figures for the 13th straight game and the 48th time in her career.
• Had her consecutive free throws made streak come to an end at 37 straight.
Sophomore Elizabeth Williams
• Blocked two shots on the night to move into a tie for seventh on Duke’s all-time blocked shots list with 131.
• Started the first game of the season.
• Had a season-high 19 points to go along with seven rebounds.
• Hit 8-of-12 field goals.
Senior Allison Vernerey
• Had five points, four rebounds and two blocks off the bench.
Sophomore Ka’lia Johnson
• Hit her first three-field goal of the season and third of her career.
Junior Richa Jackson
• Played one minute marking the first action of the 2012-13 season, after tearing her ACL last February.
Other Duke Notes…
• Hit 58.3 percent from the field in the first half even though it did not hit a field goal past the 6:38 mark.
• Finished the game with a 50.9 field goal percentage marking the third time this year the Blue Devils have hit 50.0 percent or better.
• Tied a season high with seven three-pointers on 13 attempts.
• Outrebounded Michigan, 32-31.
• The Blue Devils scored 24 points off turnovers.
• Had a season-low 18 assists.
• Turned the ball over only 11 times, which is the second-lowest output on the season.
• Duke will next host 10th-ranked California on Sunday, Dec. 2 at 2:00 p.m.
MORE DUKE ATHLETIC FACILITIES, GAME OPERATIONS AND CHAMPIONSHIPS