Courtesy: Duke Sports Information Release: 01/21/2013
BDN+ Premium Content
#4 Duke at #3 Connecticut Postgame Notes l January 21, 2013
With the Duke Loss…
• Dropped to 16-1 overall on the season.
• Lost its sixth straight game to UConn and moved to 3-9 all-time against the Huskies.
• Dropped to 1-2 all-time in games played at Connecticut.
• Fell to 6-1 on the road this season.
• Coach P fell to 1-8 all-time against the Huskies.
• Moved to 2-1 this season against ranked opponents.
Sophomore Elizabeth Williams
• Had 11 points, six rebounds and two blocked shots.
• Hit 5-of-15 field goals.
• Blocked a shot for the 50th straight game since arriving at Duke.
• Notched double-digit scoring for the fifth straight game and the 14th out of 17 contests this season.
Freshman Alexis Jones
• Tied a career high with 14 points to go along with five rebounds and four assists.
• Tied a career high in the first half with two three-point field goals.
• Collected 12 first half points on 4-of-8 shooting.
• Notched double-figure scoring for the fifth time this season and the second time in three games against a ranked opponent.
Junior Haley Peters
• Had 11 points, three rebounds and two assists.
• Reached double-figure scoring for the 13th time this season and the 42nd time in her career.
Junior Chelsea Gray
• Held to a season-low two points and the lowest point total since her freshman year.
• Hit only 1-of-6 field goals in 31 minutes.
• Had four assists, four rebounds and two steals.
• Took one charge in the game. Now owns 12 this season and 29 over her career, which ranks seventh on Duke’s career list.
• With her two steals, moved into eighth place on Duke’s all-time steals list with 218.
Junior Chloe Wells
• Came off the bench to register six points on 2-of-3 three-pointers.
Other Duke Notes…
• Held to a season-low 49 points, which is the lowest point total for Duke since scoring 45 last season against Connecticut on Jan. 30, 2012.
• Scored a season-low 19 second half points.
• Was outrebounded 44-25 for the game, marking the second time this season the Blue Devils have been outrebounded.
• Trailed at the half, 32-30, marking the first time this season the Blue Devils have been behind after the first 20 minutes.
• Held to 11 assists and a season-low five steals.
• Scored only 10 points off 15 UConn turnovers.
• Allowed a season-high 50.0 percent shooting for the game.
• Allowed a season-high 79 points.
• Hit 5-of-10 three-point field goals for a 50.0 percentage.
• Held to a season-low four free throws made on seven attempts.
• Will next travel to Clemson, S.C., for a road contest at Clemson on Thursday, Jan. 24 at 7:00 p.m.
MORE DUKE ATHLETIC FACILITIES, GAME OPERATIONS AND CHAMPIONSHIPS