Courtesy: Duke Sports Information Release: 01/24/2013
BDN+ Premium Content
#4 Duke at Clemson
Postgame Notes l January 24, 2013
With the Duke Victory…
• Moved to 17-1 overall and 7-0 in ACC action.
• Won its 27th straight road game against an unranked opponent.
• Coach P improved to 7-0 all-time against Clemson.
• Won its 17th straight game against Clemson.
• Moved the all-time series record to 36-32 versus Clemson.
• Won its eighth consecutive contest at Clemson.
• Improved to 7-1 this season on the road.
• Won its 19th consecutive game, after coming off a loss.
Sophomore Elizabeth Williams
• Had 12 points, 13 rebounds and three blocked shots.
• Notched her second double-double of the season and eighth of her career.
• Blocked a shot for the 51st straight game since arriving at Duke.
• Registered double-digit rebounds for the third time this season and 11th of her career.
Junior Haley Peters
• Held to six points, but pulled down eight rebounds and dished three assists in 20 minutes.
• Was saddled with foul trouble in the second half.
Junior Chelsea Gray
• Registered five first half steals and went on to finish the game with a career-high nine.
• Had nine points, six rebounds and three assists.
• Had a season-high eight turnovers.
Junior Tricia Liston
• Totaled a game-high 22 points, which tied a season high in only 22 minutes.
• Hit 4-of-8 from downtown.
• Came off the bench for the first time this season, after making 21 straight starts dating back to last season.
• Posted 20 or more points for the third time this season and the 10th time in her career.
• Netted double-figure scoring for the 11th time this season and 37th time over her career. Snapped a three-game streak without scoring double-digits.
Junior Chloe Wells
• Made her first start of the season and the 16th of her career.
• Had three rebounds.
• Tied a season high with three steals in the first half and went on to finish with six.
Other Duke Notes…
• Joanne P. McCallie coached in her 100th ACC contest.
• Shot a season-low 33.9 percent from the field.
• Had 28 bench points, which is a season high against an ACC opponent.
• Outscored Clemson, 38-24, in the second half.
• Tallied 21 steals, which is a season high for Duke against an ACC opponent.
• Forced 31 turnovers and scored 27 points off those turnovers. The 31 turnovers is a season high for a Duke opponent.
• Scored a season-low 22 points in the first half and hit a season-low 31.0 percent in the first stanza.
• Had 17 first half turnovers, which is the most this season in the first half.
• Will next host Boston College on Sunday, Jan. 27 at 1:00 p.m., on RSN-TV.
MORE DUKE ATHLETIC FACILITIES, GAME OPERATIONS AND CHAMPIONSHIPS