DURHAM, N.C. – The Duke track & field program will travel to Charlottesville, Va., to compete in the Virginia Grand Prix Saturday in addition to the Blue Devils who are entered in the Penn Relays.
A closer look at the Blue Devils that headline the weekend in Virginia:
- High Jump: Sophomore Rivers Ridout and junior Colt Sessions will represent Duke in the men's high jump competition and enter the weekend ranked sixth and tied for 10th in the ACC, respectively. Ridout cleared 6-10.75 (2.10) at the Battle of the Blues while Sessions notched a mark of 6-7.50 (2.02) at the Tennessee Relays earlier in April.
- Pole Vault: The quartet of Madison Heath, Laura Marty, Chesney Ward and Nati Sheppard each hold top-10 marks in the conference. Heath tops the list with a clearance of 14-3.25 (4.35) while Marty is right on Heath's heels at 13-9.25 (4.20) in second. Ward comes in at sixth in the ACC at 13-3.50 (4.05) and Sheppard rounds out the women in 10th with a height of 12-10.25 (3.92). On the men's side is Connor Hall who owns the fifth-best clearance in the ACC in 17-1.00 (5.21).
- Javelin: Rookie Katelyn Gochenour continues to sit atop the ACC leaderboard with a mark of 170-2 (51.86), followed by senior Christine Streisel in third with a toss of 153-8 (46.84). Competing for the men is Kiegan Lenihan with a personal-best mark of 199-8 (60.86) in the fourth spot in the conference.
- Discus: Senior Amarie Bremel tossed the implement 165-1 (50.33) at the Pacific Beach Intercollegiate to secure the sixth-best toss in the ACC.
- Hammer: Sophomore Stefani Vukajlovic continues to rewrite the school record and posted a mark of 195-8 (59.63) last weekend at the Duke Invite to register the fifth-best mark in the league.
- Shot Put: Rookie Ben Beatty enters Saturday with the 10th-best toss in the ACC of 53-11.00 (16.43) at the Battle of the Blues earlier in April.
A complete list of Blue Devils competing this weekend can be found below:
Women's 100m: Domonique Panton
Women's 200m: Jaida Lemmons
Women's 100m Hurdles: Tracy Jander, Jaida Lemmons
Women's Hammer: Stefani Vukajlovic
Women's High Jump: Tracy Jander, Cassie Martin
Women's Discus: Amarie Bremel
Women's Long Jump: Jaida Lemmons
Women's Shot Put: Amarie Bremel, Jaida Lemmons
Women's Pole Vault: Madison Heath, Laura Marty, Nati Sheppard, Chesney Ward
Women's Javelin: Katelyn Gochenour, Christine Streisel
Women's Triple Jump: Domonique Panton
Men's 100m: Daniel Golubovic, Robert Rohner
Men's 400m Hurdles: Chase Peterson, Michael Wilson
Men's High Jump: Daniel Golubovic, Andrew Pancoast, Rivers Ridout, Robert Rohner, Colt Sessions
Men's Hammer: Iyin Battle
Men's Shot Put: Ben Beatty, Jack Maher
Men's Long Jump: Daniel Golubovic, Robert Rohner, JR Smith
Men's Pole Vault: Connor Hall, Caleb Sanford, Esteban Suarez
Men's Triple Jump: JR Smith
Men's Javelin: Travis Closs, Kiegan Lenihan