PERSONAL: Born Qi wen Wong on February 23, 1996 in Singapore … son of Laura Ng Kit Yee and Kok Hoi Wong … has three brothers, Qi zhi Wong (23), Qi Yang Wong (20) and Qi Ming Wong (19) … member of the National Honor Society as a junior and senior … garnered a 3.97 cumulative GPA.
12 Questions with Qi wen Wong
1. Biggest accomplishment in golf to date: Making it to the 2014 Wyndham Cup
2. Something I’d like Duke fans to know about me: I am a 21-year old freshman
3. Greatest strength as a golfer: My ability to scramble from all situations
4. If I didn’t play golf, the sport/activity you would find me playing/doing: Don’t think I would be playing another sport, I might just be studying
5. Pre-round superstition/ritual: No pre-round superstition, just getting eight hours of sleep the night before.
6. Anticipated major: Undecided but leaning towards Psychology
7. What I like to do in my free time: Watch TV Shows, hang out with friends
8. Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones
9. Favorite professional athlete: Tiger Woods
10. Job I’d like outside of golf: Financial Sector
11. Follow me on Instagram: q__wong (two underscores)
12. Why I chose Duke: I love the environment and vibe the school gives me. Coaches and players are good people and that is why I want to be on a team with them. The academics side is also one of the best in the world; very reputable.