The 2017 Duke Football season kicks off on Saturday, September 2nd at 6:00 PM. The completion of stadium construction brings even more exciting amenities and services to Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium that further enhance the Duke Football game day experience.
To help all guests prepare for game day and #KnowBeforeYouGo, we want to highlight certain aspects of Duke Football Game Day related to:
• New Opening Times for Blue Devil Tower and Stadium Gates
• Stadium No Bag Policy & Game Day Security
• Parking & Traffic Updates
• Game Day Ticket Information
• New Game Day Experiences
• Stadium Services Updates
• Accessibility Accommodations
• NCAA Football Rule Changes for 2017
• Duke vs. Miami on Friday, September 29th
For full information on Duke Football game days, detailed information and maps highlighting accessibility accommodations, parking & traffic operations, stadium guest services and amenities, our award-winning Zero Waste Game Day initiatives, and more – review the full 2017 Duke Football A-Z Game Day Guide. Guests are encouraged to check www.goduke.com/gameday regularly for updates and parking & traffic alerts prior to each home football game. For up-to-the-minute updates on game day on parking, traffic, and stadium information, please follow Duke Game Operations on Twitter (@Duke_GAMEDAY).
New Opening Times for Blue Devil Tower and Stadium Gates
• Blue Devil Tower will open to premium seating guests (2) hours prior to kick-off. Until (90) minutes prior to kick-off, all entry must be via the Finch-Yeager Bridge on Frank Bassett Drive or at the Powers Gate via the designated early entry lanes.
• Stadium Gates will open (90) minutes prior to kick-off. All concourse amenities and services will be open and available at this time.
Stadium No Bag Policy & Game Day Security – All guests are reminded that bags or purses of any kind are not permitted to enter Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium. Small wristlets/clutches (less than 5” x 8” x 1”) with or without a strap are permitted. Bag exceptions are permitted for medical & childcare needs and DukeStores merchandise bags with receipt for game day purchase (all other prohibited items restrictions apply). For more information, please watch our informational video and review the Football Game Day Bag Policy and Football Game Day Entry Screening Policy.
Parking and Traffic Updates - For additional information on game day parking & traffic operations, please review the full 2017 Duke Football A-Z Game Day Guide and 2017 Pre-Game Parking & Traffic Map. Check www.goduke.com/gameday for parking & traffic alerts each game week.
• FREE General Public Parking – for all regular-sized vehicles (less than (9) feet wide and (18) feet long) in general public game day parking lots. Please review the General Public Parking Lots Map for all game day parking lots.
• New Early General Public Parking Lots – The Jogging Trail Lot on NC-751/Cameron Blvd. and the Chemistry Lot on Circuit Drive will open at 7:00 AM each game day. All General Public Parking Lots open at least three (3) hours prior to kick-off. For the NC Central game on September 2nd, all general public parking lots will open at 2:00 PM.
• Rideshare/Taxi/General Public Drop-Off & Pick-Up Point – is now located in the Blue Zone B-9 Lot on Wannamaker Drive immediately off of Duke University Road. For post-game pick-up, vehicles must be staged in the lot by the end of the 3rd quarter. Due to post-game traffic exiting the parking area, there is no access to the Blue Zone during the 4th quarter or immediately post-game. Vehicles arriving late will be directed to circle campus until traffic clears (approx. 45 minutes post-game).
• New Bus Parking Lot – Buses that drop-off/pick-up guests and park for the game (i.e. no tailgating, etc.) will park in the Duke University Road 2 Lot free of charge. Buses that host group tailgates, etc. will be considered Recreational/Oversized Vehicles (RV/OVs) and required to purchase an RV/OV permit for the Small Circuit Lot. Bus and RV/OV Permits should be obtained in advance of game day at www.goduke.com/tickets.
• Frank Bassett Drive Closed to All Vehicle Traffic – Due to game day activities, Frank Bassett Drive will be closed to all vehicle traffic at all times on game day. The only entry/exit point for the Grounds Lot is from NC-751/Cameron Blvd.
• Digital Ticketing – Skip the General Will Call line on game day by taking advantage of digital ticketing options. Guests purchasing through the Duke Ticket Office can log into their account at www.goduke.com/tickets to print tickets at home, access digital tickets / ticket PDFs on a mobile device, and digitally transfer tickets to friends and family. All tickets will be scanned at the stadium gates for entry.
• Ticket Office Locations:
The Duke Ticket Office at Scott Family Athletics Performance Center will serve guests for General Will Call and game day sales (cash, credit/debit) starting (2) hours prior to kick-off.
The Powers Gate & Blue Devil Tower feature a new, permanent ticket booth at the end of Frank Bassett Drive at the base of Finch-Yeager Bridge, providing service for Blue Devil Tower Will Call & Ticket Assistance and game day sales (cash, credit/debit) starting (2) hours prior to kick-off.
The Bostock Gate features a new, permanent ticket booth for Duke and Visiting Team Player Guest Will Call starting (90) minutes prior to kick-off.
The Wilson Gate ticket booth will provide game day sales (cash, credit/debit) starting (90) minutes prior to kick-off.
New Game Day Experiences – With new events both inside and outside the stadium, guests of all ages will enjoy new events on Football game days. Check out the 2017 Duke Football Game Day Map to view all of our game day event spaces.
• Pre-Game Block Party at Blue Devil Drive – Each game day, Frank Bassett Drive will be transformed into a pre-game block party with Blue Devil Tower as a backdrop. The Coca-Cola Fan Zone will feature inflatables, music, and an expanded array of activities for all ages. Group hospitality areas and tailgate tents are available by contacting email@example.com. Overlooking all the action is Club Blue Devil, the premier pre-game tailgate now located on Skandalaris Pavilion inside Koskinen Stadium, with great food and beverage options for Blue Devil Fans of all ages.
• Johnson Family Team Store – The Johnson Family Team Store, featuring official Nike apparel, is now open in the Scott Family Athletics Performance Center on Tribull Plaza outside the Bostock Gate. Guests looking to visit the Johnson Family Team Store after entering the stadium should see staff at the Bostock Gate for assistance.
• Halftime Activities – In addition to the weekly performance by your Duke University Marching Band, different Duke Athletics team will be greeting fans on the Blue Devil Tower concourse behind Section 23 at select games. Be sure to listen & look for details on the video board throughout the first half.
Stadium Services Updates – Check out the 2017 Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium Map to see what’s new near your seating location.
• New East Concourse – The new east concourse features (5) permanent concessions stands operated by Blue Devil Concessions, Blue Devil Corner merchandise store operated by Duke Stores, and new restroom facilities, including (4) gender-neutral, accessible family restrooms.
• New North Concourse – The new north concourse features (2) permanent buildings housing a Guest Services Desk with interior Ticket Office windows, first aid station, a lactation room, and a gender-neutral accessible family restroom with an adult changing table.
• Game Day Information Booths – Look for the tall orange Guest Services Flags outside the stadium to spot our new Game Day Information Booths. Located in Blue Devil Alley at Towerview Road, above Tribull Plaza on Whitford Drive, at the start of Blue Devil Drive on Frank Bassett Drive, and across from the Wilson Gate, booth staff will help answer questions about stadium & security policies, provide directional assistance, and distribute game day programs.
• Stadium Guest Services – Look for Duke NROTC representatives in their orange polos on the concourse for general assistance. The Bostock Gate Guest Services Desk is centrally located on the concourse behind Section 19. In Blue Devil Tower, Guest Services desks are located on each floor. Visit any of these Guest Services locations for game day flip cards, information, lost and found, and general assistance.
• First Aid/EMS Locations – Additional first aid stations are now available inside Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium, located on the concourse behind Sections 3, 19, and 28 and on each floor of Blue Devil Tower. For medical assistance, please visit the nearest first aid station or contact the nearest staff member. First Aid
Accessibility Accommodations – For additional information on all stadium accessibility accommodations and services, please review the full 2017 Duke Football A-Z Game Day Guide or reach out to our disabilities coordinators at 919-668-6213.
• Enhanced Accessible Seating Areas – More accessible seating options are available with the addition of balconies at the top of the seating bowl from Sections 1 – 20. All accessible seating locations are assigned, ticketed seating areas and can be purchased through the Duke Ticket Office prior to or on game day. For more information on accessible seating, please review the Accessible Seating Policy and Accessible Seating Map.
• New General Public Accessible Parking Lots – General public accessible parking is available outside the Wilson Gate (east entry) in the Blue Zone B-2 and B-4 Lots on Wannamaker Drive off of Duke University Road.
• Accessible Lift-Equipped Vans – are available for guests needing wheelchair lift assistance to/from the stadium. Drop-off/pick-up points at the stadium are located outside the Wilson Gate (east entry), at the Whitford Drive circle (Bostock Gate, Duke Ticket Office, north entry), and at the Grounds Lot bus stop (Powers Gate, Blue Devil Tower, west entry). Please notify a parking lot attendant upon arrival to request assistance.
NCAA Football Rule Changes for 2017 – For additional information on rule changes approved by the NCAA for the 2017 football season, a brief outline is available from the NCAA here.
• Ban Hurdling Offensive Linemen to Block Kicks – Defensive players are prohibited from running toward the line of scrimmage to leap or hurdle offensive linemen to block field goal and point-after-touchdown attempts.
• Grabbing the Nameplate Added to Horse-Collar Tackle Rule – Players who make tackles by dragging or pulling ball carriers down from behind using the nameplate area of the jersey are subject to a 15-yard penalty.
Duke vs. Miami on Friday, September 29th – Brooks Field will host a Friday night, primetime game as Duke takes on Miami. Due to the impact of this game on daily campus operations, modified game day parking hours will be in effect. Please review the 2017 Duke Football A-Z Game Day Guide for the lot opening schedule. Please continue to check www.goduke.com for updates, features, and game day information.