On Friday, September 29th, Duke will host Miami at Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium at 7:00 PM. To help all guests prepare for this ESPN nationally-televised, weeknight game, we want to highlight the following operational information:
Opening Times for Blue Devil Tower and Stadium Gates
Game Day Parking & Traffic Information
- Game Day Traffic
- Rideshare/Taxi Services
- Iron Duke Parking
- General Public Parking
- RV/OV Parking
- Bus Parking
Stadium No Bag Policy & Game Day Security
Game Day Ticket Information
Stadium Lighting Effects
For full information on Duke Football game days, detailed information and maps highlighting accessibility accommodations, stadium guest services and amenities, our award-winning Zero Waste Game Day initiatives, and more – review the full 2017 Duke Football A-Z Game Day Guide. Please continue to check www.goduke.com for features, updates, and game day information.
On Friday, September 29th, follow Duke Game Operations on Twitter (@Duke_GAMEDAY) for live updates on operational, parking, and traffic information.
Opening Times for Blue Devil Tower and Stadium Gates:
• Blue Devil Tower will open to premium seating guests at 5:00 PM. From 5:00 – 5:30 PM, all entry must be via Finch-Yeager Bridge on Frank Bassett Drive or at the Powers Gate via the designated early entry lanes.
• Stadium Gates will open to all guests at 5:30 PM. All concourse amenities and services will be open and available at this time.
• Game Day Traffic – Heavy traffic is expected on the roadways around campus as 30,000 employees depart campus at the same time 30,000 guests arrive for game day. Duke Athletics, Parking and Transportation Services, and Duke Police encourage all game day guests to follow the recommended directions for Iron Duke Parking Lots, General Public Lots, and RV/OV/Bus Parking. Please follow the direction of uniformed officers and staff on the roads around campus and the information on the electronic signage located around campus. Please understand that traffic control officers are unable to answer questions without causing traffic delays. Follow Duke Game Operations on Twitter (@Duke_GAMEDAY) for live updates on operational, parking, and traffic information.
• Rideshare/Taxi Services – have a designated drop-off/pick-up location at the Blue Zone B-9 Lot on Wannamaker Drive located at 2300 Duke University Road, Durham, NC 27708. The drop-off/pick-up point must be accessed off of Duke University Road due to game day traffic restrictions. Services attempting to drop-off/pick-up at other locations near the stadium will be denied access and directed to this location.
- Iron Duke Parking Hours – All Iron Duke lots will open at 5:00 PM on Friday, September 29th. No lot access is permitted prior to this time due to normal daily campus operations. Vehicles are not permitted to park or queue on the side of campus roadways waiting for lots to open. Vehicles that do so will be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense.
- Iron Duke Checkpoints – will become operational at 5:30 PM and re-open one (1) hour post-game. All Iron Duke parking permit holders must have their Iron Duke parking permit hanging from their rearview mirror as they approach for access at checkpoints and to expedite access to their parking lot.
• General Public Parking
General Public Parking Lots Map
General Public Parking Hours – General public park & walk lots will open at 5:00 PM on Friday, September 29th. General public courtesy shuttle lots will open at 5:30 PM. No lot access is permitted prior to this time due to normal daily campus operations. There is NO CHARGE to park for regular-sized vehicles in game day general public parking lots. Vehicles are not permitted to park or queue on the side of campus roadways waiting for lots to open. Vehicles that do so will be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense.
General Public Park & Walk Lots – are located at the Jogging Trail Lot on NC 751/Cameron Blvd. (Pink Zone) and off of Erwin Road at the Chemistry Lot and Circuit Drive Lots on Circuit Drive and Research Drive Garage (RDG) on Research Drive (Purple Zone). There is no charge to park.
General Public Courtesy Shuttle Lots – are located in the GC Lot and H Lot off of Erwin Road at the Duke University Medical Center (Gray Zone). Pick-up/drop-off points for the courtesy shuttle are located next to the parking areas on Yearby Avenue and Flowers Drive. The shuttle will run every 15 – 20 minutes, depending on traffic volume, and will drop-off/pick-up at the Duke Chapel. All shuttles are accessible for guests with disabilities.
General Public Parking for Guests with Disabilities – is located in the Blue Zone B-2 and B-4 Lots on Wannamaker Drive. Due to game day traffic restrictions, the Blue Zone must be accessed from Duke University Road. There is no charge to park. Accessible lift-equipped vans will be available from all General Public Parking Lots as needed for guests needing wheelchair lift assistance. Please notify the parking lot attendant upon arrival to request van assistance. Drop-off/pick-up points at the stadium are located outside the Wilson Gate (east concourse), at the Whitford Drive circle (Will Call, Bostock Gate, Tribull Plaza & north concourse), and at the Grounds Lot bus stop (Powers Gate, Blue Devil Tower, west concourse).
• RV/OV Parking - will be located in the DU Road 2 Lot on Duke University Road. A limited number of RV/OV/Bus Parking spots are available and must be purchased in advance of game day by visiting www.goduke.com/tickets. RV/OV permits cost $50.00.
RV/OV Parking Hours – DU Road 2 Lot will open for RV/OV parking ONLY on Thursday, September 28th from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM and on Friday, September 29th at 12:00 PM. All RV/OV vehicles must be clear by Saturday, September 30th by 12:00 PM.
Note – DU Road 2 Lot is gravel and not completely level; therefore levelers will be required for most spots.
• Bus Parking – will be located in the DU Road 2 Lot on Duke University Road. A limited number of Bus Parking spots are available and must be purchased in advance of game day by visiting www.goduke.com/tickets. Bus permits cost is $50.00.
Bus Drop-off/Pick-up Point – is located at the roundabout on Towerview Road and must be accessed off of Duke University Road. After dropping off guests, buses will be directed to the DU Road 2 Lot for parking. Buses are permitted to pick-up their guests at the roundabout and must be staged at the start of the 4th quarter. All buses will be staged facing Duke University Road for departure.
Stadium No Bag Policy & Game Day Security – All guests are reminded that Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium has a NO BAG POLICY - bags or purses of any kind are NOT permitted to enter Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium. Small wristlets/clutches (less than 5” x 8” x 1”) with or without a strap are permitted. Bag exceptions are permitted for medical & childcare needs and Duke Stores merchandise bags with receipt for game day purchase (all other prohibited items restrictions apply). For more information, please watch our informational video and review the Football Game Day Entry Screening Policy.
• Accessible Seating Areas – All accessible seating locations are assigned, ticketed seating areas and can be purchased through the Duke Ticket Office prior to or on game day. For more information on accessible seating, please review the Accessible Seating Policy and Accessible Seating Map.
• Digital Ticketing – Skip the General Will Call line on game day by taking advantage of digital ticketing options. Guests purchasing through the Duke Ticket Office can log into their account at www.goduke.com/tickets to print tickets at home and access ticket PDFs on a mobile device. All tickets will be scanned at the stadium gates for entry.
• Ticket Office Locations – The Duke Ticket Office at Scott Family Athletics Performance Center provides service for General Will Call and game day sales (cash, credit/debit) and will be open all day starting at 8:30 AM. The new Powers Gate Ticket Booth on Frank Bassett Drive provides service for Blue Devil Tower Will Call and Ticket Assistance and game day sales (cash, credit/debit) starting at 5:00 PM. The Wilson Gate Ticket Booth will provide game day sales (credit/debit) starting at 5:30 PM. The Bostock Gate Ticket Booth for Duke and Miami Player Guest Will Call will open at 5:30 PM.
Stadium Lighting Effects - Stadium lighting effects will be used on game day, including blackout and pulsating effects. Guests suffering from epilepsy or other visual light stimulation effects are advised to see stadium medical staff at the concourse First Aid stations located behind Section 3, 19, and 28 and each floor of Blue Devil Tower for assistance.
Accessibility Accommodations – For additional information on all stadium accessibility accommodations and services, please review the full 2017 Duke Football A-Z Game Day Guide or reach out to our disabilities coordinators at 919-668-6213.