Donation Request New Platform
DURHAM, N.C.-- Starting August 2018, Duke Athletics is moving to a digital platform to handle donation requests submitted by the community. A new form is now active on GoDuke.com for all non-profit and other organizations to submit their requests for Football and Olympic Sport ticket requests and/or memorabilia.
Benefits of the new digital program include a platform where requestors can see up-to-date information regarding their request and will include record of what requests have been approved for each organization year over year. Should any request be denied, explanations and questions can all be done through the platform increasing the efficiency of the donation request process for all parties.
Duke Athletics focuses its efforts on assisting organizations that benefit youth activities, disadvantaged youth, children’s medical related causes, and educational programs for youth. We are unable to donate complimentary tickets for all Duke University athletics events and advise for organizations to be as specific as possible in their requests. Upon receipt of such requests, Duke Athletics will contact the appropriate individual to finalize details of the ticket purchase. Memorabilia is limited to ONE request per organization during the Duke Athletics fiscal year (July 1st through June 30th). Please see reminders below about donation requests for Duke Athletics.
Requests related to the following are ineligible to receive donations:
• Requests that would benefit students in grades 9-12, preparatory school, or junior college are not permitted due to NCAA regulations.
• Proceeds or actual item may NOT be provided to a high school, preparatory school or 2-year college for any reason. This includes any elementary and middle schools that are financially tied and/or associated with a high school.
• Requests for operating expenses and other monetary donations.
• Business award and incentive programs (for profit).
Duke Athletics requires a formal donation request submitted in writing on organizational letterhead including the nature of the event, 501 (c)3 status, date of the event and how the item will be used (i.e. silent auction, raffle, etc.). The Duke University Athletics Donation Request Form must also be completed in its entirety. All donation requests must follow the guidelines listed below:
• Request must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the date for which the donation is needed, no exceptions.
• Request must be received through the online platform located on GoDuke.com. Please refrain from faxing and emailing your request as this may prolong the process.
• Once approval has been granted for requests of autographed equipment, requestor will be contacted to provide the item to be autographed (baseball, soccer ball, etc.). Requestor will also be responsible for any return postage charges associated with shipping pieces of equipment.
There is a separate approval process for all men’s basketball memorabilia. Interested charitable organizations should contact the men’s basketball office (919-613-7500) for additional information.
If there are questions regarding the new process, requestors may call the Duke Sports Marketing department for guidance. Please note that requestors must still submit through the online platform even if they have spoken to a representative.