DURHAM, N.C. – In a continued effort to bring relief to those impacted by recent flooding and hardships as a result of Hurricane Florence, Duke Athletics will collect items the week of September 30-October 5 that will be sent to flood victims. The Blue Devils are partnering with Marrin's Moving to help those in need.
Starting Sunday, September 30, through Friday, October 5, with every three items donated from the list below, fans can receive free admission into the Olympic sporting event they are donating at, or purchase a general admission ticket to the Duke football October 20 contest versus Virginia for only $5.
Those wishing to make donations can do so at a variety of locations and times:
• Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Donations accepted at the Duke Athletics Ticket Office in Scott Family Athletics Performance Center (110 Whitford Drive)
• Volleyball vs. Syracuse on September 30 – Donations accepted at the Duke Athletics marketing table inside Cameron Indoor Stadium starting at 12 noon
• Men’s Soccer vs. Wofford on October 2 – Donations accepted at the Duke Athletics Ticket Booth outside Koskinen Stadium starting at 6 p.m.
• Women’s Soccer vs Wake Forest on October 4 – Donations accepted at the Duke Athletics Ticket Booth outside Koskinen Stadium starting at 6 p.m.
• Field Hockey vs Virginia on October 5 – Donations accepted at the Duke Athletics marketing table inside Williams Field at Jack Katz Stadium starting at 5 p.m.
Items in need from the North Carolina community include the following: buckets, paper towels, large garbage bags, rubber gloves, masks, scrub brushes, scouring pads, sponges, air freshener, toiletries, hand sanitizer, shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, hand soap, adult diapers, disposable razors, shaving cream, toilet paper, diapers for babies, baby wipes, baby food, baby formula, sippy cups and bottles, bottled water, nonperishable food items and school supplies.
We thank you in advance for your generous donations.