|Schedule & Results|
|Game Notes vs. NC State|
|#2 Duke (13-1, 1-1) at NC State (10-5, 0-2)
|When: Jan. 6| 8:00 PM (ET)|
|Where: PNC Arena|
|Watch Live: ESPN|
|Listen Live: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
The Opening Tip
- No. 2 Duke, which has scored 100+ points in two straight games and three of its last four, hits the road for an ACC showdown Saturday at NC State.
- Head coach Mike Krzyzewski is looking for his 500th win away from Cameron Indoor Stadium. Coach K’s road/neutral record while at Duke is 499-209 (.705).
- Marvin Bagley III leads the ACC in scoring (21.9) and rebounding (11.6) and is second in the NCAA in double-doubles (11). Trevon Duval leads the ACC in assists (6.57), while Grayson Allen leads the league in threes per game (2.93).
- The Blue Devils are the only team ranked among the NCAA’s top 10 in scoring (94.6; 2nd), rebounds (45.3; 1st) and assists (20.7; 2nd). The Blue Devils are second in the nation in rebound margin (+13.1) and fifth in scoring margin (+20.6).
- NC State has a 10-5 overall record this season. The Wolfpack have lost their first two ACC games. Saturday’s matchup will be the conference home opener for NC State.
- The Wolfpack has five players averaging double digits in scoring. Allerik Freeman leads the way, scoring 15.3 points per game. Torin Dorn is right behind him with an average of 13.2 ppg and also leads the team in rebounding (7.6).
- Duke is 146-100 all-time versus NC State, which includes a 48-41 mark in road contests. Under Coach K, the Blue Devils are 55-23 in the series.
- Last season, NC State knocked off Duke 84-82 in Cameron Indoor Stadium in the only meeting between the two teams. It snapped a four-game winning streak for the Blue Devils in the series.