|No. 5 DUKE (25-6, 13-5 ACC)
|Schedule & Results|
|ACC Tournament Game Notes|
Notre Dame (20-13, 8-10) vs. Duke (25-6, 13-5)
|When: March 8 | 7:00 PM (ET)|
|Where: Barclays Center|
|Watch Live: ESPN / ACC Network|
|Listen Live: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
|ACC Tournament Printable Bracket|
The Opening Tip
- Second-seeded Duke, the 20-time ACC Champion, begins defense of its 2017 title on Thursday night at the Barclays Center in the quarterfinals.
- Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski is 61-22 all-time in the ACC Tournament with 14 titles. Duke has won 11 of the last 21 ACC titles and is 44-10 in the tournament in that span.
- Duke is allowing just 58.0 ppg over the last seven games since a switch to primarily zone defense. Duke has yielded the second-fewest points among major conference teams since Feb. 10 (Virginia, 54.2)
- Duke is the only team ranked in the top 10 of KenPom’s offense and defense efficiency. The Blue Devils are second in offense (123.5) and 10th in defense (94.3). Duke and Villanova are the only teams ranked in the top 25 of each.
- Freshman Marvin Bagley III, just the second player in ACC history to be named ACC Player of the Year and Rookie of the Year in the same season, is tied for the ACC scoring lead (20.7) and leads in rebounding (11.2). He’s aiming to be the 13th player in ACC history (and first freshman) to lead the conference in scoring and rebounding.
- Bagley was both a unanimous first-team All-ACC and ACC All-Freshman selection. Wendell Carter, Jr., earned both a second-team All-ACC and All-Freshman spot, while senior Grayson Allen was named to the third team.
- Duke is ranked fifth in this week’s AP poll, the 600th week the Blue Devils have been ranked under Coach K – the most of any coach in poll history.