|No. 5 DUKE (26-6, 13-5 ACC)
|Schedule & Results|
|Game Notes vs. North Carolina|
No. 12 North Carolina (24-9) vs. No. 5 Duke (26-6)
|When: March 9 | 9:30 PM (ET)|
|Where: Barclays Center|
|Watch Live: ESPN / ACC Network|
|Listen Live: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
|ACC Tournament Printable Bracket|
The Opening Tip
- For the 22nd time overall and for the second time in as many seasons, No. 5 Duke and No. 12 North Carolina will collide in the ACC Tournament in Friday’s semifinals.
- The Blue Devils, six days removed from a 74-64 win over the Tar Heels to cap the regular-season, are 13-8 versus UNC in ACC Tournament play. Duke won 93-83 in last season’s semifinals en route to capturing the title.
- Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski is 62-22 all-time in the ACC Tournament with 14 titles. Over the last 22 tournaments, Duke is 45-10 with 11 titles in that span.
- Freshman Marvin Bagley III, just the second player in league history to be named ACC Player of the Year and Rookie of the Year in the same season, leads the conference in scoring (21.2) and rebounding (11.4). He’s aiming to be the 13th player in ACC history (and first freshman) to lead the conference in scoring and rebounding.
- Bagley scored 33 points and had 17 rebounds in Thursday’s 88-70 win over Notre Dame, his seventh 30-point game to extend the ACC freshman record.
- North Carolina reached the semifinals with a 78-59 win over Syracuse and an 82-65 victory against Miami.
- Friday marks senior Grayson Allen’s 10th career game versus North Carolina (6-3) and 10th career ACC Tournament game (7-2). He is averaging 15.7 ppg against UNC and 14.0 ppg in ACC Tournament play.