|DUKE (20-5, 8-4 ACC) |
|Schedule & Results|
|Duke (20-5, 8-4) at Virginia (18-6, 8-4)
|When: Feb. 15 | 9 PM (ET)|
|Where: John Paul Jones Arena|
|Watch Live: ESPN2|
|Listen Live: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
THE OPENING TIP
• The Blue Devils have won back-to-back road games as part of a five-game winning streak heading into Wednesday’s tilt at Virginia.
• Duke has utilized nine different starting lineups this season. No starting lineup combination has played more than six games together.
• Led by Luke Kennard (20.0), Duke is one of three major-conference teams with three players averaging at 15.0+ points (also Arizona State and UCLA).
• Duke leads the ACC with an average of 9.0 three-pointers per game in league play. Duke is shooting .435 from deep during its five-game winning streak, making 10.8 per game.
• On average, Duke outscores opponents by 9.9 points from three-point territory and 5.0 points from the free throw line.
• Kennard ranks third in the ACC with an average of 34.8 minutes per game. Despite the workload, he ranks third in the ACC in scoring and second with a .527 field goal percentage.
• Since taking over the primary point guard duties on Jan. 4, Grayson Allen is averaging 4.6 assists per game - sixth-best in ACC play.
• Jayson Tatum’s average of 15.6 points per game is on pace to rank sixth among freshmen in Duke history. He has a chance to become just the fifth freshman under Coach K to average at least 15.0 points and 6.0 rebounds.
• Duke is 11-1 (.917) this season and 36-3 (.923) in his career when Amile Jefferson has a team-high in rebounds.