Duke 78, Penn State 68
As a Team
• The Blue Devils moved to 3-1 on the season with Saturday’s result, marking the 33rd time under head coach Mike Krzyzewski and the 80th time in program history the Blue Devils began a season with three-or-more wins through the first four games. Duke has also won three of its first four games for the 17th straight season.
• Duke used the starting lineup of Grayson Allen, Matt Jones, Chase Jeter, Amile Jefferson and Luke Kennard for the fourth time this season and owns a 3-1 record with those five players on the floor to start the game.
• The Blue Devils moved to 9-1 when facing Penn State.
Coach Krzyzewski’s Numbers
• The result moved Krzyzewski’s all-time record to 1,046-322 and his record at Duke to 973-263.
• The Blue Devils are 189-52 when facing a non-conference opponent at a neutral site under Krzyzewski.
Blue Devils on the Glass
• After collecting just six offensive rebounds against Kansas, Duke hauled in 10 offensive boards against Penn State, including five in the first half. Duke has recorded double-digit offensive rebounds in three of the team’s four games this season.
• Graduate student Amile Jefferson tied a career-high with 15 boards in the contest, his first double-digit rebounding game of the year and the 23rd of his career. Jefferson is the first Blue Devil to register 15-or-more rebounds in a game since Marshall Plumlee posted a 17-rebound game against Wake Forest March 1, 2016.
Duke’s Offensive Output
• Junior Grayson Allen netted 12 points, moving him within three of becoming the 65th Blue Devil in program history to reach 1,000 points for his career.
• Matt Jones recorded his 21st career game with at least three made three-pointers in a contest. The Blue Devils moved to 18-3 in such games. Jones posted back-to-back games with three-or-more made threes for the first time since Duke faced Long Beach State (Dec. 30, 2015) and Boston College (Jan. 2, 2016).
• Amile Jefferson ended the game with 16 points to go along with his 15 rebounds to register his first double-double of the season and the ninth of his career. Duke is 7-2 when Jefferson posts a double-double.
• Allen posted his fourth double-digit scoring game of the season and his 29th straight such game, including contests from last year. Allen’s double-digit scoring streak began Dec. 28, 2015, when Duke faced Elon.
• Duke’s record is now 33-10 when Allen scores double-digit points.
• The Blue Devils scored 36 points in the paint against Penn State, bringing their season total to 144 points scored in the lane. Forty-two percent of Duke’s points have come in the paint this season.
Duke on the Defensive End
• Duke forced Penn State into committing 14 turnovers, the fourth consecutive game a Blue Devil opponent recorded at least 10 miscues.
• The Blue Devil defense held Penn State to just 27.3 percent (6-of-22) shooting from beyond the arc. Duke opponents are connecting on just 14-of-75 (.187) this season from three-point range.
• Jefferson registered four blocks, his seventh career game with three-or-more blocks. Jefferson has at least one block in four straight games, matching his career-long streak.
• Sophomore Antonio Vrankovic took the first charge of his career.
• Freshman Frank Jackson led all Duke scorers for the second time this season with 17 points, marking the second time a freshman led Duke in scoring this season. Last year, a Duke freshman led the Blue Devil scoring efforts in 13 games.
• Jackson shot 2-of-6 (.333) from beyond the arc and has connected on at least one three-pointer in all four games this year.