|No. 3 Duke vs. Miami
|When: Mar. 2 | 4:00 PM (ET)|
|Where: Cameron Indoor Stadium|
|Watch Live: CBS|
|Listen Live: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
- At Cameron Indoor Stadium for two of its final three games in the regular season, No. 3 Duke welcomes Miami for a Saturday tilt on CBS.
- The Blue Devils enter the weekend one game back of the leaders in the ACC standings, but are closing in on securing one of the top four seeds and a double-bye in the 2019 New York Life ACC Tournament, set for March 12-16 in Charlotte.
- Duke and Miami have met 26 times with the Blue Devils leading 19-7, including 9-2 at Cameron Indoor. In ACC regular season games, the series favors Duke 13-6.
- Freshman RJ Barrett enters the Miami game 43 points shy of tying Duke’s freshman scoring record set last season by Marvin Bagley III (694). Barrett leads the ACC in scoring at 23.3 points per game.
- Barrett has set the ACC freshman record for most 20-point games (21), and is one shy of tying Bagley’s ACC freshman record for 30-point games (seven).
- Over the last five games, Barrett is averaging 24.0 points, 8.0 rebounds, 6.0 assists and shooting .511 from the field.
- Barrett has scored in double figures every game this season (28) -- the ACC’s next longest active streak is 14. Cam Reddish’s 14-game streak with a three also leads the ACC.
- Freshman Zion Williamson, who missed the last two games (knee), is second in the ACC in scoring (21.6) and leads the ACC in field goal percentage (.683) and steals (2.2).
Duke vs. Miami
Duke is 19-7 all-time versus Miami, which includes a 9-2 mark at home -- all at Cameron Indoor Stadium…The Blue Devils pulled out last season’s meeting in Coral Gables, coming back from down 13 in the second half…Gary Trent Jr. led the way in last year’s win, dropping 30 points in the 83-75 victory. Trent tied a then-Duke freshman record with six three-pointers (6-of-9)…The teams have split the last 10 games in the series.
RJ, Zion Threaten Scoring Record
With freshmen RJ Barrett and Zion Williamson continuing to set the scoring pace in the ACC, the duo should threaten the team’s one-year-old freshman scoring record…Last season, Marvin Bagley III’s 694 points were the most scored by a Duke freshman. Barrett is 43 points from tying the record, while Williamson is 133 away…Barrett and Williamson are aiming to become the first freshman teammates in NCAA history to each average 20.0+ points in a season…Barrett is averaging 24.0 points over the last five games.
Duke's Dunks Pace
Duke has recorded 152 dunks this season, the third-most in a season in school history. The Blue Devils are on pace for the second-most dunks in a season, trailing only the school-record 235 dunks last season (6.4 per game). Freshman Zion Williamson leads the team with 52 dunks -- the fifth most by a Duke freshman, while Marques Bolden has 32 and RJ Barrett has 30.
Men of Steal
Duke’s 9.9 steals per game are third nationally and best among any power conference team…The Blue Devils have recorded a steal on 13.3 percent of opponent possessions -- the best percentage in the power conferences according to KenPom…Duke has three of the top 10 steals leaders in the ACC this season with Zion Williamson ranked first (2.19), Tre Jones sixth (1.88) and Cam Reddish seventh (1.81).
Coach K Among Finalists for COY
Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski has been named one of 15 late season candidates for the 2019 Werner Ladder Naismith Men’s College Coach of the Year, the Atlanta Tipoff Club announced this week…The Werner Ladder Naismith Coach of the Year Award, which Coach K has won three previous times (1989, 1992 and 1999) will be announced at the Men’s Final Four in April.