|No. 3 Duke vs No. 12 Florida State
|When: Mar. 16 | 8:30 PM (ET)|
|Where: Spectrum Center|
|Watch Live: ESPN|
|Listen Live: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
- With its sight set on the program’s 21st ACC Championship, third-seeded Duke takes on fourth-seeded Florida State in the finals of the 66th New York Life ACC Tournament Saturday night in Charlotte.
- Duke is making its 33rd title game appearance -- half of the 66 title games in ACC history have featured the Blue Devils.
- The Blue Devils and Seminoles are meeting for the 50th time in the series overall, for the third time in the ACC Tournament and second time in the title game.
- The Blue Devils’ 20 ACC Championships lead the conference, while their 102 tournament wins and .694 tourney winning percentage are the best in ACC history.
- Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski is 64-23 all-time in the ACC Tournament with 14 titles. Duke has won 11 of the last 22 ACC titles and is 47-11 in the tournament in that span.
- Freshman Zion Williamson, who has double-doubles in each of Duke’s ACC Tournament wins, is averaging 30.0 points, 12.5 rebounds and shooting .813 (26-of-32) in Charlotte.
- Williamson is the nation’s only player averaging 20.0+ points and shooting .650+ from the field.
- Williamson is the first player in the ACC Tournament with multiple 25-point, 10-rebound games since Wake Forest’s Tim Duncan in 1997.
- Freshman RJ Barrett, who holds the ACC single-season freshman scoring record with 762 points, leads the ACC in scoring at 23.1 points. He is the only major conference player to score 13+ points in every game this season.
- Barrett (23.1) and Williamson (22.2) are aiming to become the first freshman teammates in NCAA history to each average 20.0+ points in a season.
Duke vs. Florida State
The Blue Devils have won seven of the last eight in the series, including this year’s thriller in Tallahassee as Cam Reddish hit a three with 0.8 left in an 80-78 win...Duke played the second half at FSU without Zion Williamson (eye) and was led by RJ Barrett’s 32 points. Reddish added 23 points and Tre Jones had eight points and six assists…Williamson had 11 points and eight rebounds in 17 minutes…When the team’s met last season at Cameron Indoor, Duke won a shootout, 100-93, behind 32 points and 21 rebounds from Marvin Bagley III…The average margin of victory in the last three games of the series is 4.7 points. Saturday’s game marks the fifth consecutive meeting in the series with each team ranked in the AP Top 25...In the ACC Tournament, Duke defeated FSU, 79-69, in the 2009 title game in Atlanta. The Seminoles won, 62-59, in the 2012 semifinals in Atlanta.
Duke's Semifinal Notebook
The game was the 251st in the series versus North Carolina, and the series favors UNC 139-112…In ACC Tournament play, Duke now leads UNC, 14-9…It was the first one-point game in the Duke-UNC series since a similar 74-73 win for Duke in Chapel Hill (2/17/16)…Over the last two seasons, Duke is now 11-1 in games that tip at 9 p.m. ET or later…Duke extended its streak of at least one three-pointer in a game to 1,054. It is the nation’s third-longest active streak…Duke will make its 33rd ACC title game appearance, the second-most in conference history (North Carolina, 35)…The Blue Devils will look for their 21st ACC title (15th under Coach K), to extend their conference lead in that category…Sophomore Jordan Goldwire played a career-high 28 minutes off the bench with four points, three rebounds, two steals and an assist.
Conference Tourney Supremacy
Duke has 102 wins, 20 titles and a .694 win pct. in the ACC Tournament -- each of those figures lead the conference…Only Kentucky has more wins (134) and more titles (31) among major conference teams.
Tournament Success Under Coach K
Duke has a high level of success in tournaments under Coach K, winning 19 regular-season, 14 ACC and five NCAA Tournaments for a total of 38 championships in his tenure…The Blue Devils claimed the PK80 Motion Bracket title last season, the program’s 19th regular-season crown.
Freshman Zion Williamson has scored 60 points with 25 rebounds in his two ACC Tournament games – the third-most points by a Duke freshman in an entire ACC Tournament, trailing only the 88 by Jason Tatum (four games) in 2017 and the 61 points by Jabari Parker (three games) in 2014…He is on pace to break Art Heyman’s program record for scoring average in the ACC Tournament (26.7) in 1961…He is one of only three Duke freshman to score 30 in a postseason game -– all three have come in the ACC Tournament, joining Marvin Bagley III (33 against Notre Dame in last season’s ACC quarterfinals) and J.J. Redick (30 against NC State in the 2003 ACC title game)…Now with 50 blocks and 63 steals this season, Williamson becomes just the third Blue Devil (fifth instance) with 50+ blocks and 50+ steals in the same season. Shane Battier did so in 1998, 2000 and 2001, and Shelden Williams in 2006. Battier was named the National Defensive Player of the 2000 and 2001, while Williams was in 2006.