DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke baseball hosts its annual Bark in the Park event Saturday, May 13 at Jack Coombs Field. We encourage fans to bring their dogs to the ballpark as Duke takes on Georgia Tech at 1 p.m. (gates open at 12 p.m.).
Designated dog seating will be located along the first base line. Dogs must be leashed at all times and be current on their vaccinations with the appropriate paperwork on hand.
Is your dog right for Bark in the Park?
Yes! If your dog:
• Is old enough to be around other dogs and people (at least 6 months of age).
• Is up to date on all required vaccinations (appropriate paperwork on hand).
• Is in relatively good health and can walk up and down several flights of stairs.
• Does well on a leash.
• Is not overly aggressive toward other dogs.
• Is friendly toward humans and not excessively fearful.
• And most importantly…is a Duke Blue Devil Fan!
Probably Not, if your dog:
• Is still too young to mix with a big crowd (under 6 months).
• Is a senior dog that would have trouble navigating stairs and being outside for an extended period of time.
• Has aggressive tendencies towards other dogs or humans while on a leash (or off).
• Is exhibiting any signs of illness close to the day of the game.
- Water will be served community bowl style. If you require a separate drinking container for your dog, please bring one along and we would be more than happy to fill it up with water. Dogs cool themselves down by panting and are not nearly as efficient as us humans. Please keep the comfort and safety of your dog in the fore front of your mind when planning out this fun day at the park.
- You must sign a waiver stating that your dog's vaccinations from a licensed veterinarian are current. This waiver holds you (the owner) liable in the event of an incident. We recommend you contact your veterinarian regarding other vaccinations that may suit your dog's needs. Required Vaccinations:
- Rabies - given annually, but sometimes can be a 3 year.
- DHLP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Para influenza) - all given annually, sometimes referred to as the Combo Vaccination, especially when it includes Parvo
- Parvo - given annually, many times this is included in the DHLP and indicated as DHLPP
- Bordatella - given either every six months or annually. Sometimes referred to as: Kennel Cough OR Tracheobronchitis.
- All dogs must be leashed and licensed. Duke Athletics reserve the right to deny any dog or human entrance to DBAP for the Bark in the Park event for any reason they may see fit. Participants are expected to practice responsible pet ownership.
- For more information please call the Duke Sports Marketing and Promotions Department at (919) 668-5724.