Duke Tennis A-Z Guide - Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center
Accessibility Accommodations Information
Please find below a list of disability services currently provided at Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center. Prior to match day, please feel free to reach out to our disabilities coordinators at 919-668-1329 to help make arrangements for your visit or if you have any special needs, questions or concerns regarding our accessibility and accommodations.
• Parking for Persons with Disabilities – is available in the Blue Zone Lots on Wannamaker Drive directly adjacent to Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center. Access to the Blue Zone is available through the Iron Gate entrance on Duke University Road. The closest lot to Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center will be the fifth driveway on the left. An accessible drop-off and pick-up point for persons with disabilities is available in the Blue Zone B-1 Lot located on Towerview Road immediately outside Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center.
• Entry for Persons with Disabilities – The main accessible entrance to Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center is the south entrance, located directly off the Blue Zone parking lots. The south entrance leads directly onto the elevated seated platform. All doors to Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center open one (1) hour prior to the match.
• Seating for Persons with Disabilities – is available along the front of seating area above the courts.
• Accessible Restrooms for Persons with Disabilities – There are limited accessible Men’s and Women’s restrooms in Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center. For assistance, please see the Match Manager located in the seating area above Court 1.
It is strictly prohibited to bring alcohol into Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center. Individuals violating this policy are subject to ejection from the stadium.
There are no ATMs inside Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center. The BB&T ATM is located outside of the Johnson Family Team Store on Tribull Plaza, across from Cameron Indoor Stadium and is accessible 24-7. The ATM only dispenses cash ($20 increments) and does not take deposits.
Banners and Signs
Banners and Signs are permitted inside Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center, however Duke reserves the right to prohibit or require the cessation of any display of a banner or sign that obstructs the view of other fans, obscures stadium signage, can be considered an advertisement, or is determined to be obscene, vulgar, indecent, inappropriate, or derogatory.
Hand-held still cameras are permitted for personal use only. Cameras with a lens longer than four (4) inches are not permitted. Video cameras are permitted to be used during pre-match warm-ups only. Video cameras are prohibited from filming the match.
There will be no concessions sold in Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center on match day.
Duke Athletics expects all fans to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times before, during, and after the competition. We expect all fans to treat other fans, players, coaches, and officials with courtesy. Please join us in creating a fun, safe, family atmosphere at Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center by not:
• Interfering with other guests’ ability to enjoy the game
• Using or displaying foul or abusive language or gestures
• Appearing to be intoxicated or in a diminished capacity
• Entering the competition or restricted access areas
• Smoking except in designated areas
• Throwing objects onto the competition area or within the venue
• Otherwise being disorderly
Violators are subject to ejection and possible arrest. Fans should contact the Match Manager in the seating area behind Court 1 if they feel someone is not acting appropriately.
The GPS address for match day parking at Sheffield Indoor Center is listed below. For turn-by-turn directions from your starting destination, please use the “Destination” button in the upper left corner of the link below.
Blue Zone Parking Lots
1 Wannamaker Drive
Durham, NC 27708
Doors (Entrance into stadium)
All doors to Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center will open one (1) hour prior to the start of the match. The main door is located off the Blue Zone parking lot at the south end of Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center. All purses, bags and strollers are permitted into Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center. However, all bags are subject to search by the Match Manager.
• During any emergency inside the stadium, follow the directions of the PA announcer, Game Manager, and emergency responders.
• Always designate a pre-determined location both inside and outside the stadium to meet friends and family in case you get separated or in the event of an emergency.
• Upon arriving at your seat location, first find the nearest exit and then locate an alternate exit in case of emergency.
• If you see or become aware of any activity that is unusual, suspicious or causes you concern, report the activity to the Game Manager. Patrons may also tweet @Duke_GAMEDAY.
• Emergency vehicles may be present in and around the stadium. Please do not obstruct the path of travel of a fire truck or emergency vehicle or interfere with any of their operations. Vehicles blocking emergency vehicles, exits, or traffic in general are subject to being towed at the owner's expense. Please do not obstruct any exits or exit pathways.
First Aid/Emergency Medical Assistance
In case of emergency, call Duke Police at (919) 684-2444, 9-1-1, or contact the Match Manager located in the seating area behind Court 1.
Food and Beverage
Outside food and beverage are permitted inside Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center. Please throw away trash and recycling in the appropriate receptacles.
If you are in need of assistance or information, please ask for the Match Manager located in the seating area behind Court 1.
Lost and Found
If any article is lost or found in the stadium, please inquire about or report the item to the Match Manager located in the seating area behind Court 1. Items turned in during the match will be dropped off to the Match Manager. All lost and found items not picked up prior to the end of the match will be available for pick-up the following business day by calling 919-668-5658 or email email@example.com. Unclaimed lost and found items will be retained for thirty (30) days following the event. After that time, any unclaimed items will be discarded.
The Johnson Family Team Store is located in the Scott Family Athletics Performance Center on Tribull Plaza across from Cameron Indoor Stadium. For store hours, visit the Duke Stores website - https://www.dukestores.duke.edu/hours/
For more information on Duke Tennis match days, please visit www.goduke.com, the official website of Duke Athletics. Special game day parking alerts and information will be available on the game day central page under Alerts. You can also sign-up for operational, parking, and traffic updates via Twitter by following @Duke_GAMEDAY.
Parking and Traffic Information
• General Public Parking – Free parking is available for matches in the Blue Zone parking lots located on Wannamaker Drive. Access to the Blue Zone is located off of Duke University Road. The parking area will be open beginning two (2) hours prior to the match.
Due to construction, there is limited parking available in the B-1 Lot, immediately outside Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center. Please reserve available spaces for guests with disabilities and park in the B-3 or B-5 Lot. Guests are asked to follow the directions of the parking attendants at all times. Vehicles parked in unmarked spaces, on landscaped areas, or in the marked “IM Permits Only” parking area are subject to being ticketed and towed.
• General Public Parking for Persons with Disabilities – Is available in the Blue Zone Lots on Wannamaker Drive directly adjacent to Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center. An accessible drop-off and pick-up point for persons with disabilities is available in the Blue Zone B-1 Lot located on Towerview Road immediately outside Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center.
• Basketball Game Day Parking Alert - $10 Charge to Park – When tennis matches coincide with Duke Men’s Basketball home game days, Duke Tennis match day parking will be in the Blue Zone but there will be a $10 charge to park – cash only. Specific details will be provided in a parking & traffic alert on www.goduke.com/gameday prior to game day.
• Parking Disclaimer
Duke University assumes no responsibility for loss through fire, theft, collision, or otherwise to the car or contents. Vehicles are parked at the owner's risk. Please lock your vehicle.
• Parking Emergency Information
In case of emergency please dial 919-684-2444 for Duke Police Emergency Dispatch or 911 for Durham County. Duke Police will be the primary responder on-campus for emergency calls. Durham Police will be the primary responder off-campus for emergency calls. If an emergency occurs and authorities are contacted, please designate someone in your party to help direct emergency personnel to the emergency location.
All pets (including dogs) are prohibited inside Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center. (Exception: Service animals are permitted to assist those with disabilities).
Match programs are available for free on a first come, first serve basis in the seating area behind Court 1.
For the safety and game day experience of all fans, the following items are prohibited from entering the stadium:
• Alcoholic beverages
• Artificial noisemakers
• Balls and Frisbees
• Cameras with lens over 4 inches
• Drones and Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) –https://drones.duke.edu/policies
• Coolers and containers (ice chests, thermoses, cups, bottles, or other like containers)
• Hazardous materials
• Items obstructing sightlines of other fans (umbrellas may not be raised in the seating bowl)
• Laser pointers
• Pets (except service animals)
• Outside chairs (lounge chairs, folding chairs, etc.)
• Shoes with wheels (wheelies)
• Video cameras
Duke University reserves the right to deny anyone or anything from entering the stadium. Any such items should be returned to your vehicle and/or discarded. All fans are subject to search before entering the stadium.
For the safety of all in attendance, bags/items are not permitted to be left unattended outside of Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center. Unattended items found outside the stadium will be disposed of or dealt with in in a manner deemed appropriate by stadium officials. Duke University and Duke Athletics are not responsible for loss of any unattended items.
Fans may leave and re-enter Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center at any time during the match.
Restrooms in the Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center open one (1) hour prior to the match. Men’s and Women’s Restrooms are located behind Courts 1 and 2 on the lower level below the seating area. The restrooms can be accessed by using the stairs on the north side of the seating area.
Spectator seating is located on the upper level of Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center above all courts. All bleacher seating is first-come, first-serve. Accessible seating is available along the front of seating area.
Smoking (including electronic or vapor) is not allowed in the Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center. Smoking is permitted outside of the venue.
Tailgating is permitted in the Blue Zone Lots. Tents, tables, tarps or canopies ARE NOT permitted if they impede foot or vehicular traffic or if they extend into additional parking space.
All Duke regular season home tennis events at Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center are free to the public. No tickets are necessary.
Umbrellas are permitted inside the Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center. For the courtesy and safety of all fans, we ask that umbrellas not be opened anywhere inside Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center.