It is strictly prohibited to bring alcohol into Jack Katz Stadium. Individuals violating this policy are subject to ejection from the stadium.
There are no ATM machines inside Jack Katz Stadium.
Banners and Signs
Banners and signs are permitted inside Jack Katz Stadium. However, Duke reserves the right to prohibit or require the cessation of any display of a banner or sign that obstructs the view of other fans, obscures stadium signage, can be considered an advertisement, or is determined to be obscene, vulgar, indecent, inappropriate, or derogatory.
Bull City Connector
The Bull City Connector is a fare-free, hybrid-electric bus service that connects downtown Durham with the Duke University campus. The route provides direct access to Duke and includes stops along Main Street and Erwin Road. The service also includes a stop at Durham Station, the city's transportation hub with public bus service and within walking distance of the American Tobacco Campus and the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. The Bull City Connector is also ideal for bicyclists, who can ride to a Connector stop and take their bike to campus by using a bike rack on the front of the bus.
The easiest way to get to games using the Bull City Connector is to get off at Main Street and Swift Avenue (Eastbound) or Main Street and Iredell Street (Westbound). Take Swift Avenue towards East Campus. It will turn into Broad Street. Follow Broad Street until you reach the intersection of Broad Street and Perry Street. Jack Katz Stadium will be at this intersection. Click here for a map to show you where to go.
Hand-held still cameras are permitted for personal use only. No cameras are permitted into the stadium with a lens longer than four (4) inches. Video cameras are permitted to be used during pre-game and halftime only. Video cameras are prohibited from filming the game.
Concessions and Merchandise
There will be no concessions sold in Jack Katz Stadium on game day.
Duke Athletics expects all fans to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times before, during, and after the competition. We expect all fans to treat other fans, players, coaches, and officials with courtesy. Please join us in creating a fun, safe, family atmosphere at Jack Katz Stadium by not:
Interfering with other guests’ ability to enjoy the game
Using or displaying foul or abusive language or gestures
Appearing to be intoxicated or in a diminished capacity
Entering the competition or restricted access areas
Smoking except in designated areas
Throwing objects onto the competition area or within the venue
Otherwise being disorderly
Violators are subject to ejection and possible arrest. Fans should contact the game day manager if they feel someone is not acting appropriately.
• During any emergency inside the stadium, follow the directions of the PA announcer, event staff and emergency responders.
• Always designate a pre-determined location both inside and outside the stadium to meet friends and family in case you get separated or in the event of an emergency.
• Upon arriving at your seat location, first find the nearest exit and then locate an alternate exit in case of emergency.
• If you see or become aware of any activity that is unusual, suspicious or causes you concern, report the activity to the nearest police officer or event staff. Patrons may also tweet @Duke_GAMEDAY.
• Emergency vehicles may be present in and around the stadium. Please do not obstruct the path of travel of a fire truck or emergency vehicle or interfere with any of their operations. Vehicles blocking emergency vehicles, exits, or traffic in general are subject to being towed at the owner's expense. Please do not obstruct any exits or exit pathways.
• Monitor the weather prior to the game. Take the necessary precautions to protect your family and friends should severe weather be encountered before, during, or after the game. In the event of inclement weather during the game, please be prepared to evacuate the stadium and return to your car.
Emergency Medical Assistance
In case of emergency, call Duke Police at 919-684-2444 or 911 or contact the Game Day Manager located in the southeast corner of the Stadium by the player, coach, and staff entrance.
Outside food and beverage are permitted inside Jack Katz Stadium. Please throw away trash and recycling in the appropriate receptacles.
All gates to Jack Katz Stadium will open 90 minutes prior to the start of the game. The main gate is located at the southwest corner of Jack Katz Stadium. The persons with disabilities entrance gate is located at the northwest corner of Jack Katz Stadium. The officials and team entrance gate is located at the southeast corner of Jack Katz Stadium.
• Duke Game Management utilizes DTN/Telvent WeatherSentry software and notification services. Duke Game Management will monitor the weather 24 hours a day and use the following policy: Evacuation will occur if the storm path will come within a six (6) miles radius of Jack Katz Stadium. In the event that the stadium needs to be evacuated, the PA Announcer will notify all spectators. At this point we need to have everyone clear the stadium as quickly as possible.
• The safest location for people to go is in a hard-topped car with the windows up. In the absence of a vehicle, Game Management Staff will direct people to a safe location. The stadium will remain closed until the storm is clear of a six (6) mile radius of Jack Katz Stadium. Resumption of play will only occur once an all clear has been given and conditions are deemed safe after consultation between the Officials and Duke Game Management.
Lost and Found
If any article is lost or found in the stadium, please inquire about or report the item to the Game Day Manager. All lost and found items not picked up prior to the end of the game will be available for pick-up the next day following home games by calling Duke Game Day Operations at 919-684-1785.
The Duke Nike Team Store located on West Campus in Card Gym (adjacent to Cameron Indoor Stadium) is open Tuesday through Friday from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Saturday 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, and Sunday 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
Operational, Parking, Tailgating Information
For more information on Duke Field Hockey game days, please visit the official website of Duke Athletics – www.goduke.com and click on the “game day information” link. Special game day parking alerts and information will be available on the main game day central page under Alerts. You can sign-up for operational, parking, and traffic updates via Twitter – www.Twitter.com/Duke_GAMEDAY.
Duke University assumes no responsibility for loss through fire, theft, collision, or otherwise to the car or contents. Vehicles are parked at the owner's risk. Please lock your vehicle.
Parking Emergency Information
In case of emergency please dial 911 for Durham County or 919-684-2444 for Duke Police Emergency Dispatch. Duke Police will be the primary responder on-campus for emergency calls. Durham Police will be the primary responder off-campus for emergency calls. If an emergency occurs and authorities are contacted, please designate someone in your party to help direct emergency personnel to the emergency location.
Free Parking is available for all games in the 705 Broad Street Lot across Broad Street from Jack Katz Stadium. To access the lot, please enter from Perry Street. Do not park in the Whole Foods lot or on the gravel area by Jack Katz Stadium as you may be ticketed or towed.
Persons with Disabilities Parking:
Persons with disabilities parking is located in designated persons with disabilities spaces in the Brodie Gym parking lot or directly behind the south end of the field. To access the Brodie Gym parking lot from Broad Street, turn right on West Markham Avenue and then right onto Brodie Gym Drive.
Tailgating is permitted along the gravel road next to Jack Katz Stadium. No vehicles may be parked in this area.
All pets (including dogs) are prohibited inside Jack Katz Stadium. (Exception: Service animals are allowed to assist those with disabilities).
Press Box Access
Only staff, media, and team videographers will be allowed into the press box. All media should contact the Duke Sports Information office at least two days prior to game day to reserve a space.
Game programs are available for free on a first come, first serve basis at the silver program stand located at the entrance of the bleachers.
For the safety and game day experience of all fans, the following items are prohibited from entering the stadium:
Balls and Frisbees
Cameras with lens over 4 inches
Coolers and containers (ice chests, thermoses, cups, bottles, or other like containers)
Items obstructing sightlines of other fans (umbrellas may not be raised in the seating bowl)
Duke University reserves the right to deny anyone or anything from entering the stadium. Any such items should be returned to your vehicle and/or discarded. All fans are subject to search before entering the stadium.
Restrooms inside Jack Katz Stadium will open 90 minutes prior to the start of the game. Both men’s and women’s restrooms are located at the North side of Williams Field. Both men's and women's restrooms are persons with disabilities accessible.
Safety and Security
All Items Subject to Search
All purses, bags and strollers are permitted into Jack Katz Stadium. However, all bags are subject to search by the game day manager.
To Report Game Day Problems, Unruly Fans, or Suspicious Activity
Contact the game day manager with any concerns.
Re-Entry into Stadium
Fans may leave and then re-enter the stadium at any time.
Persons with Disabilities Seating:
Persons with disabilities seating is available through the main entrance on the bleacher area with a ramp access. The seating area goes along the entire first row of the bleacher area.
Smoking is not allowed in Jack Katz Stadium. Smoking is permitted outside of the stadium.
Sign up for Twitter to follow Duke Game Day (@Duke_GAMEDAY). Follow @Duke_GAMEDAY to stay up to date on all Duke Sports’ news and events.