Duke vs. Louisville • Battle 4 Atlantis Finals
Saturday, November 24, 2012 • 9:30 p.m. • NBC Sports
Paradise Island, Bahamas • Imperial Arena
Play-by-Play: Dan Strader
Analyst: Donny Marshall
Sideline: Carolyn Manno
Blue Devil IMG Sports Network
Play-by-Play: Adam Witten
Analyst: John Roth
Sirius/XM - 91
THE OPENING TIP • Duke is ranked No. 5 in both the AP Poll and the USA Today Coaches Poll. Louisville is ranked No. 2 overall in both polls.
• The Blue Devils are 5-0 on the year and looking to improve to 6-0 for the sixth straight season.
• Duke reached the semifinals of the Battle 4 Atlantis with a 67-58 win over VCU on Friday. Mason Plumlee recorded his third double-double of the season with 17 points and 10 rebounds against the Rams.
• Ryan Kelly also reached double-figures with 11 points to go along with four rebounds, two assists and a career-best five blocked shots.
• Quinn Cook finished with nine points, three rebounds and nine assists while playing career-high 39 minutes against VCU's pressing defense.
• The Blue Devils have won 22 consecutive regular-season tournament games, dating back to the title game of the 2006 CBE Classic.
• Mike Krzyzewski and Rick Pitino have combined for 1,566 career NCAA victories with 18 Final Four appearances and five national championships.
• Duke went 24-of-27 from the foul line against VCU and is now shooting 84.2 percent (64-of-76) from the charity stripe in the last three games.
DUKE-LOUISVILLE SERIES • Duke leads the all-time series, 4-3, but Louisville has won the last three contests.
• The last meeting between the two schools was in the 1986 national championship game. Duke dropped a 72-69 decision to the Cardinals in what was head coach Mike Krzyzewski's first Final Four appearance.
• Duke is ranked No. 5 in both the AP Poll and the USA Today Coaches Poll. Louisville is ranked No. 2 overall in both polls.
• Duke, ranked No. 5 in the latest AP Poll, has been ranked in the top 10 of the poll 96 consecutive weeks. The last time Duke was not ranked in the top 10 was Nov. 19, 2007.
• Saturday's game marks Duke's second matchup against a top 5 opponent this season. The Blue Devils topped No. 3 Kentucky, 75-68, in their first meeting against a ranked opponent.
• Duke has won 7 of its last 10 meetings against top 10 ranked opponents.
• Duke is 71-24 all-time when ranked No. 5 in the country. The Blue Devils have won seven straight games when holding the fifth spot in the AP poll.
• The Blue Devils are playing their 182nd straight game as a top 10 team in the AP poll. Duke is 151-30 in that span.
• Duke has won 54 of its last 55 games in the month of November dating back to the start of the 2004-05 season.
• The Blue Devils have won 41 of their last 46 nonconference contests. Duke is 73-9 in non-league games since the start of the 2008-09 season.
• Duke is 39-4 in neutral site contests since the start of the 2008-09 season. The Blue Devils have won one NCAA Championship, three ACC titles and four in-season tournaments in that span.
• The Blue Devils are 132-25 in neutral site games since 1998.
• Duke has 99 wins since the start of the 2009-10 season. Only Kentucky, Kansas and Ohio State have more wins over the span.
• Duke is 91-39 all-time against teams currently in the Big East conference.
• Mason Plumlee has scored 17 or more points in each of his last six games dating back to last season. He is averaging 20.2 points per game, while shooting 73.3 percent (44-of-60) from the floor and 76.7 percent (33-of-43) from the foul line in that span.
• Duke is 95-13 (.879) with Ryan Kelly in the lineup. He currently ranks fifth at Duke in career winning percentage.
• Mason Plumlee has shot 50.0 percent or better from the field in each of the past 11 games dating back to last season. Plumlee is 62-of-92 (.674) from the field, including 35-of-51 (.686) in the last five games, during that stretch.
• Mason Plumlee and Seth Curry combine to average 38.0 points per game. Both players have reached double-figures in scoring in all five games, while also topping the 20-point mark two times apiece.
• Duke starters have combined to score 151 of its 156 points over the last two contests.
• Freshman Rasheed Sulaimon has scored in double-figures in four straight games, averaging 13.0 points per game in that span.
• Quinn Cook entered the starting lineup prior to the Florida Gulf Coast game and has responded by averaging 11.3 points, 3.3 rebounds and 7.3 assists over the last three contests.
• The Blue Devils have made 94 free throws on the season, while allowing their opponents just 93 free throw attempts.
• Mason Plumlee is shooting 80.0 percent from the charity stripe, while taking 8.0 free throw attempts per game. Plumlee entered the season shooting 50.5 percent from the free throw line in his career.
• Duke is 20-12 under Coach K when both teams are ranked in the top five of the AP poll.
BDN+ Access users
returning customers, please login here.