#4 Duke at Wake Forest
Postgame Notes l January 13, 2013
With the Duke Victory…
• Improves to 15-0 overall and 5-0 in ACC play on the season.
• Remained the only undefeated team in NCAA Division I.
• Won its 26th straight game on the road against an unranked opponent.
• Picked up its 38th consecutive win against Wake Forest
• Moved to 24-8 all-time in games played in Winston-Salem, including 19 straight wins.
• Improved the overall series against WFU to 56-16.
Junior Haley Peters
• Notched seven points, seven rebounds and four assists in 23 minutes.
• Snapped a seven-game streak of scoring double-figures.
• Scored only two points in the first half due to collecting two fouls and played only 10 minutes.
Junior Chelsea Gray
• Had seven points, four rebounds, three assists and three steals in 30 minutes.
• Hit only 2-of-8 field goals.
• Snapped a five-game streak of scoring double-figures.
Sophomore Elizabeth Williams
• Posted a team-high 18 points, seven rebounds, four blocks, three steals and two assists.
• Blocked a shot for the 48th straight game since arriving at Duke.
• Reached double-figure scoring for the 12th time this season and 39th time in her career.
• Third straight game she has scored double-figures against Wake Forest.
Junior Chloe Wells
• Finished with 10 points on 4-of-6 shooting.
• Hit a team-high two three-pointers on three attempts.
• Reached double-figure scoring for the second straight game and the third time this season.
Junior Richa Jackson
• Notched 10 points and two assists in 16 minutes.
• Hit 3-of-5 field goals.
• Reached double-figure scoring for the second time this season in only six games played. It marks the 19th time in her career she has notched double-figures.
Freshman Alexis Jones
• Her seven rebounds was a season high in ACC play.
• Posted nine points and three assists in 26 minutes.
Other Duke Notes…
• Hit 55.6 percent of its field goals in the second half.
• Totaled 26 point s off 23 WFU turnovers.
• Notched 23 bench points, which is a season high in ACC play this season.
• Turned the ball over 12 times, which is a season low in ACC play this season.
• Outrebounded WFU, 38-30.
• Only one double-figure scorer of the starting five.
• Will next host Virginia Tech on Wednesday, Jan. 16 at 7:00 p.m., in Cameron Indoor Stadium.
BDN+ Access users
returning customers, please login here.