#5 Duke at #8 Maryland
Postgame Notes l February 24, 2013
With the Duke Victory…
• Moved to 26-1 overall and 16-0 in ACC action.
• Clinched the ACC regular season title for the fourth straight year and for the second consecutive season the Blue Devils won the title outright.
• Duke has now won 12 ACC regular season titles in school history.
• Tied an ACC record with its 16th overall ACC victory and equals the best start in league history at 16-0.
• Won its 18th consecutive ACC contest dating back to last season.
• Won its 10th straight overall contest and second consecutive against Maryland.
• Improved to 13-20 all-time in games played in College Park, Md., and 10-4 in the Comcast Center.
• Won its fourth straight game against ranked opponents.
• Moved the all-time series record to 40-39 in favor of the Blue Devils.
• Coach P improved to 9-8 all-time against Maryland.
• Moved to 11-1 this season on the road.
• Won its ninth consecutive road ACC contest.
Junior Haley Peters
• Notched 15 points, four assists and three rebounds in 38 minutes.
• Posted double-figure scoring for the 20th time this season and 49th time in her career.
Junior Tricia Liston
• Notched 15 points, six rebounds and one assist.
• Hit 3-of-3 three-pointers on the afternoon.
• Hit a three-pointer in her 10th straight game.
• Moved into a tie for eighth on the Duke single-season three-pointers made list with 59.
• Registered 10 first half points on 3-of-5 shooting.
• Posted double-figure scoring for the 17th time this season and 43rd time in her career.
• With her 59 three-pointers this season, now owns a single-season career best breaking her 57 treys from last year.
Sophomore Elizabeth Williams
• Totaled a team-high 16 points, seven rebounds, two steals and one blocked shot.
• Notched double-digit scoring for the 14th straight ACC contest.
• Blocked a shot for the 60th straight game since arriving at Duke.
Junior Richa Jackson
• Scored all eight points in the first half on 4-of-7 field goals.
Freshman Alexis Jones
• Tallied a career-high 15 points and dished a career-high nine assists.
• Nearly tallied a triple-double with 15 points, nine assists and eight rebounds.
• Snapped a streak of 13 straight missed three-point field goals as she drained her first attempt in the second half.
• With her steal on the night, moved into a tie for eighth on the Duke freshman steals list with 53.
• With her nine steals, moved to a tie for eighth on the Duke freshman assist list with 90.
• Attempted a career-high 19 field goals, while hitting 2-of-3 treys.
Other Duke Notes…
• Duke and Maryland faced each other as top 10 teams for the fifth straight time and the 13th time since 2006.
• With the 16-point win, Duke has yet to have a game this season decided under 10 points.
• Hit 11-of-12 free throws and 6-of-12 treys.
• Dished 15 assists to only 11 turnovers, after turning the ball over 22 times the game before.
• All seven Blue Devils who played, scored on the night.
• Hit 48.3 percent of its field goals, which is the highest since the Miami game on 1-31-13 (50.0%).
• Was outrebounded, 34-33.
• Held a 38-26 advantage in points in the paint.
• Will next travel to Coral Gables, Fla., to take on Miami on Thursday, Feb. 28 at 7:00 p.m.
BDN+ Access users
returning customers, please login here.