· Marconcini is batting a team-best .286 (18-for-64) this season for the Firebirds. He ranks second on the squad with 11 RBI and owns a team-high three home runs.
· His 11 RBI rank in a tie for ninth in the Cape Cod League this season.
· Marconcini has reached base safely in eight of his past 10 games, as he ranks fourth on the squad with a .387 on-base percentage
Michael Matuella Freshman – RHP Cape Cod League (Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox) 2013 Stats: 0-0, 13.50 ERA, 4 appearances, 4.2 IP, 5 K, 4 BB, .375 B/AVG
· Matuella has made four relief appearances for Yarmouth-Dennis this season, pitching 4.2 innings.
· In his most recent appearance, Matuella gave up one earned run and two hits while striking out one batter in 1.1 innings.
Grant McCabe Sophomore – OF Mile High Collegiate Baseball League (Denver Bombers) 2013 Stats: .344 AVG (22-for-64), 9 BB, 0 HR, 14 RBI, 14 Runs, .425 OBP
· McCabe is enjoying a strong season for the Bombers, as he is hitting .344 (22-for-64) in 19 games this season. He is tied for second on the Bombers in doubles (4), leads the squad with 14 RBI and ranks second with 14 runs scored.
· Ohanian has appeared in six games for the Harbor Hawks this season, pitching 9.2 innings in relief and two saves.
· He has not allowed an earned run this season and ranks second among relievers in innings pitched.
· Opposing batters are hitting just .100 off Ohanian this season, ranking first among the Harbor Hawks pitchers.
Andy Perez Sophomore – INF Valley Baseball League (Harrisonburg Turks) 2013 Stats: .296 AVG (32-for-108), 21 BB, 0 HR, 14 RBI, 22 Runs, .433 OBP
· Perez continues to swing a hot bat for the Turks this season with nine of his 32 hits going for extra bases.
· Perez was named to the South’s All-Star team and served as the starting second baseman in the contest July 7, going 1-for-2 with a triple and a run scored.
· On the Turks roster, Perez is first in runs scored (22), tied for first in hits (32), tied for first in doubles (7) and first in walks drawn (21). Perez leads the league with his 21 walks and 19 stolen bases, while he is fourth with 22 runs scored.
· Swart has pitched in two contests this season and has not allowed an earned run in 6.0 innings of work.
Drew Van Orden Junior – RHP California Collegiate League (Santa Barbara Foresters) 2013 Stats: 5-0, 1.09 ERA, 6 appearances, 33.0 IP, 45 K, 10 BB, .169 B/AVG
· Van Orden continues to impress as the top pitcher in the California Collegiate League this summer, as he has earned a victory in five of the six contests he has started this season.
· He ranks second among the Foresters starting pitchers with a 1.09 ERA, while he owns a team-high 45 strikeouts in his five starts compared to 10 walks. Opposing batters are hitting just .169 off of Van Orden, as he owns a 0.91 WHIP.
· He leads the league in wins (5) and strikeouts (45), while ranking third with a 1.09 ERA.
Duke Athletic Ticket Office,
BDN+ presented by Delta users
returning customers, please login here.